Rooney Mara will star in Steven Soderbergh’s upcoming thriller Side Effects. Entertainment Weekly has confirmed a Deadline Hollywood report that the Oscar-nominated actress from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo will play a soon-to-be-released prisoner’s depressed wife whose powerful anxiety medication leads to an unpredictable outburst. Jude Law, Channing Tatum, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, veterans of previous Soderbergh film projects (Contagion, Haywire, and Traffic, respectively) have already been cast.
Rooney Mara anticipating 'Side Effects' with Steven Soderbergh
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- AMAs 2013 flashback: See how we graded last year's performances
- AMAs 2013 flashback: What the stars wore--and how we sized up their style
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- Harry Potter's Hogwarts Alums: Ranking Achievements Three Years Later