Rooney Mara will star in Steven Soderbergh’s upcoming thriller Side Effects. Entertainment Weekly has confirmed a Deadline Hollywood report that the Oscar-nominated actress from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo will play a soon-to-be-released prisoner’s depressed wife whose powerful anxiety medication leads to an unpredictable outburst. Jude Law, Channing Tatum, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, veterans of previous Soderbergh film projects (Contagion, Haywire, and Traffic, respectively) have already been cast.
Rooney Mara anticipating 'Side Effects' with Steven Soderbergh
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 'Rebel Heart' album
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever