Rooney Mara will star in Steven Soderbergh’s upcoming thriller Side Effects. Entertainment Weekly has confirmed a Deadline Hollywood report that the Oscar-nominated actress from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo will play a soon-to-be-released prisoner’s depressed wife whose powerful anxiety medication leads to an unpredictable outburst. Jude Law, Channing Tatum, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, veterans of previous Soderbergh film projects (Contagion, Haywire, and Traffic, respectively) have already been cast.
Rooney Mara anticipating 'Side Effects' with Steven Soderbergh
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- Cheerleading taken seriously as a movie topic? Bring it on
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- J.K Rowling writes new Dolores Umbridge story
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer