The Hunger Games blockbuster release just got a little bigger. When the movie opens in theaters on March 23, it will be screened on IMAX’s enormous screens for a one-week limited engagement. “With this news, the release of The Hunger Games has truly become an epic event,” said Lionsgate’s Joe Drake, in a statement. “The Hunger Games and IMAX are a match made in heaven — fans love this book because its world is so vividly imagined and seeing the film in IMAX will make them feel as if they have landed right in the middle of the action. It is the ideal way for fans to experience this film for the first time.”
'Hunger Games' to launch on IMAX screens
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'Stalker' series premiere: Giving us the creeps
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 506
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Elsa puts Storybrooke on lockdown
- Zach Galifianakis rips January Jones: 'Everybody's going to forget about you in a few years'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Who's really the murderer?
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles