The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Vampire Diaries' teaser: Let's see how everyone's doing without Damon
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': Watch 5 minutes
- 'The Knick' recap: 'The Busy Flea'
- Emmys: 20 who never won
- Benedict Cumberbatch embraces (clothing optional) Ice Bucket Challenges
- Elena has a drug problem in 'Vampire Diaries' season 6 promo
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- New ABC special dares to rank all-time best 'Schoolhouse Rock' songs
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'