The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- Taylor Swift and Jamie Oliver 'Bake It Off' in clip for Stand Up to Cancer
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts 'Beauty and the Beast'/'Tudors' alum in mysterious role
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best demon movies
- 'Downton Abbey' trailer aims to get fans fired up for season 5
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus