The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'We're Not Friends'
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Grey's Anatomy'; 'Scandal'; 'Reign'; 'Gracepoint' recaps
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 17 GIFs that keep on giving
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'