The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
Feb 8 2012 04:23 PM ET
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- CCH Pounder gets 'Sons of Anarchy' gig
- 'Arrested Development': It's almost here!
- 'Orphan Black': Watch start of next episode
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie