The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Farrelly Brothers on mastering their 'Dumb' moves
- 'Dancing With the Stars' got game: What to make of that Super Mario number?
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1' and 'Far Cry 4': You take aim in this week's mailbag
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- 8 simple Netflix tricks to try this weekend (from TIME)
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer