The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast go inside 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- Tricia Helfer in Syfy's space thriller 'Ascension': First trailer
- 'Person of Interest' shows off the new secret HQ: Take the tour
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Utopia': Tuesday TV recaps
- 'Selfie' series premiere: Let's compare notes