The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 19 TV Shows We'll Be Checking Out in 2015