The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Arrow' shocker: Talk about 'Seeing Red'
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'John From Cincinnati': Why not ready for Prime time?
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- TV clip shows: 5 all-time standouts
- 'Mean Girls' star comes out in letter to his character
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 651
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 494
- Slaves to Love 464
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 508
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE