The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
- 'Orphan Black' shocker: Tatiana Maslany says...
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- Prince surprises fans with a new single
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]