The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' review: Idiots delight
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' recap: Four-gone conclusion
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- 'Into the Woods': 10 new production photos
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.