The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
'Karate Kid' sequel lands 'Incredible' new writer
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'True Detective' finale: Talk about it
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Alone'
- HBO GO problems hit 'True Detective'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'New York City Serenade'
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'Welcome to the Jungle'
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'Parallel Construction, Bitches'