Sacha Baron Cohen is milking his public standoff with the Academy for all the free publicity it’s worth. The comic provocateur reportedly wanted to walk the red carpet at this Sunday’s Oscars as his character from Paramount’s upcoming comedy The Dictator, a Middle Eastern strongman named Admiral General Aladeen, but the Academy put the kibosh on that plan, saying it would rescind its invitation to Baron Cohen (who is one of the stars of the Best Picture-nominated Hugo) if he went ahead with the stunt. Now comes word that tomorrow morning Baron Cohen, in the guise of the character, will post a video response to “the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Zionists” on the web site for the fictitious Republic of Wadiya. Check back here tomorrow for the video.
Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Dictator' character to post video response to 'the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Zionists' after Oscars ban
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- 'Honorable Woman': Thriller deals deftly with a complex subject
- 'The Quest' premiere: Bored game
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- DC Comics characters we'd invite to the 'Arrow'/'Flash' party
- Chris Hardwick shares his Comic-Con '14 photo diary
- STAHP in the name of love 966
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 595
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 335
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Sony releases surprise NSync album; NSync is surprised
- Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy