Owen Wilson, Zach Galifianakis to star in 'Mad Men' creator's feature debut
Mad Men creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner will time-trip back from the ’60s — and road trip as well — for his feature debut, You Are Here, starring Owen Wilson and Zach Galifianakis. Weiner is directing the film, based on a script he penned eight years ago. The plot centers on childhood best friends who return to their hometown after Galifianakis’ bipolar character learns that his estranged father had died. Back home, he finds out that his father left him with a sizable inheritance and much more. (Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler is also in negotiations for a costarring role.) The movie is slated to begin shooting in May, during Mad Men‘s hiatus, and marks Weiner’s first time in the film director’s chair, though he has helmed multiple episodes of the Emmy-friendly AMC drama, which aired its fifth-season premiere on Sunday.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- Taylor Swift and Jamie Oliver 'Bake It Off' in clip for Stand Up to Cancer
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts 'Beauty and the Beast'/'Tudors' alum in mysterious role
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best demon movies
- 'Downton Abbey' trailer aims to get fans fired up for season 5
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus