Owen Wilson, Zach Galifianakis to star in 'Mad Men' creator's feature debut
Mad Men creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner will time-trip back from the ’60s — and road trip as well — for his feature debut, You Are Here, starring Owen Wilson and Zach Galifianakis. Weiner is directing the film, based on a script he penned eight years ago. The plot centers on childhood best friends who return to their hometown after Galifianakis’ bipolar character learns that his estranged father had died. Back home, he finds out that his father left him with a sizable inheritance and much more. (Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler is also in negotiations for a costarring role.) The movie is slated to begin shooting in May, during Mad Men‘s hiatus, and marks Weiner’s first time in the film director’s chair, though he has helmed multiple episodes of the Emmy-friendly AMC drama, which aired its fifth-season premiere on Sunday.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more