Owen Wilson, Zach Galifianakis to star in 'Mad Men' creator's feature debut
Mad Men creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner will time-trip back from the ’60s — and road trip as well — for his feature debut, You Are Here, starring Owen Wilson and Zach Galifianakis. Weiner is directing the film, based on a script he penned eight years ago. The plot centers on childhood best friends who return to their hometown after Galifianakis’ bipolar character learns that his estranged father had died. Back home, he finds out that his father left him with a sizable inheritance and much more. (Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler is also in negotiations for a costarring role.) The movie is slated to begin shooting in May, during Mad Men‘s hiatus, and marks Weiner’s first time in the film director’s chair, though he has helmed multiple episodes of the Emmy-friendly AMC drama, which aired its fifth-season premiere on Sunday.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- Damian Lewis back at Showtime in pilot for a Wall Street drama with Paul Giamatti
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Charles Dance signs on for Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- 'Terminator' blows away a first-time viewer's misconceptions
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in now'
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer