Owen Wilson, Zach Galifianakis to star in 'Mad Men' creator's feature debut
Mad Men creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner will time-trip back from the ’60s — and road trip as well — for his feature debut, You Are Here, starring Owen Wilson and Zach Galifianakis. Weiner is directing the film, based on a script he penned eight years ago. The plot centers on childhood best friends who return to their hometown after Galifianakis’ bipolar character learns that his estranged father had died. Back home, he finds out that his father left him with a sizable inheritance and much more. (Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler is also in negotiations for a costarring role.) The movie is slated to begin shooting in May, during Mad Men‘s hiatus, and marks Weiner’s first time in the film director’s chair, though he has helmed multiple episodes of the Emmy-friendly AMC drama, which aired its fifth-season premiere on Sunday.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
- 'Scandal': Is Rowan or Cyrus the biggest creep?
- 'Petals on the Wind': First Look trailer
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…