David Fincher, the man behind creepy procedurals Zodiac and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, might be turning his camera toward Gillian Flynn‘s blockbuster 2012 novel Gone Girl. According to Variety, the director is in early talks to tackle the project, which is being produced by Reese Witherspoon (no word yet on whether she’ll also appear in the film). Flynn’s dark mystery — about a husband dealing with his wife’s sudden disappearance — was one of 2012′s biggest (and best) novels. The author, a former Entertainment Weekly TV critic, is writing the screenplay. If Fincher does end up signing on the timing of the project is unclear, since the director is already reportedly attached to a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie and might still take on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire.
Jan 22 2013 05:32 PM ET
David Fincher reportedly in talks to direct 'Gone Girl' movie
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- Seth MacFarlane won't host '14 Oscars
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- Khaled Hosseini's new novel: EW review
- 'Game of Thrones,' 'Mad Men': TV recaps
- 'Star Wars': New animation in fall '14
- 'SNL': New clue Jason Sudeikis to exit?
- 'Kinky Boots': Hear cast album!
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie