David Fincher, the man behind creepy procedurals Zodiac and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, might be turning his camera toward Gillian Flynn‘s blockbuster 2012 novel Gone Girl. According to Variety, the director is in early talks to tackle the project, which is being produced by Reese Witherspoon (no word yet on whether she’ll also appear in the film). Flynn’s dark mystery — about a husband dealing with his wife’s sudden disappearance — was one of 2012’s biggest (and best) novels. The author, a former Entertainment Weekly TV critic, is writing the screenplay. If Fincher does end up signing on the timing of the project is unclear, since the director is already reportedly attached to a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie and might still take on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire.
David Fincher reportedly in talks to direct 'Gone Girl' movie
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' costars eagerly spill Andrew Lincoln's hairy secrets
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels' recaps
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Cressida, Gale among new character posters
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop to hit Manhattan in September
- 'Arrow' casts Rila Fukushima as Katana after Devon Aoki exit
- 'Outlander' author Diana Gabaldon visits 18th-century Scotland: First Look
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Sneak peek at season 10 DVD's gag reel
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos' (Updated)
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Meet the rebel army
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?