Netflix has inked a deal with Queen Latifah’s production company that gives the online service the exclusive opportunity to stream her movies shortly after their theatrical release. Flavor Unit Entertainment, which has produced Latifah’s films since Bringing Down the House as well as Lifetime’s recent Steel Magnolias remake, will debut the thriller, House of Bodies, starring Terrence Howard and Peter Fonda, and Percentage starring Ving Rhames and Macy Gray this spring under the new first-look licensing agreement. “Shakim Compere and I are thrilled to do business with Netflix,” said Latifah, in a statament. “Netflix is such a strong brand and the perfect place to showcase our projects.”
Queen Latifah inks Netflix deal
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' will open in 2016
- 'Glee': Watch Rachel, Kurt, and Santana sing with a hot shirtless Santa --…
- 'Sound of Music': We live blogged it!
- Capsule TV Reviews: Give These Shows a Second Chance