Netflix has inked a deal with Queen Latifah’s production company that gives the online service the exclusive opportunity to stream her movies shortly after their theatrical release. Flavor Unit Entertainment, which has produced Latifah’s films since Bringing Down the House as well as Lifetime’s recent Steel Magnolias remake, will debut the thriller, House of Bodies, starring Terrence Howard and Peter Fonda, and Percentage starring Ving Rhames and Macy Gray this spring under the new first-look licensing agreement. “Shakim Compere and I are thrilled to do business with Netflix,” said Latifah, in a statament. “Netflix is such a strong brand and the perfect place to showcase our projects.”
Queen Latifah inks Netflix deal
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Scandal' finale: Talk about it! -- UPDATED
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone