Netflix has inked a deal with Queen Latifah’s production company that gives the online service the exclusive opportunity to stream her movies shortly after their theatrical release. Flavor Unit Entertainment, which has produced Latifah’s films since Bringing Down the House as well as Lifetime’s recent Steel Magnolias remake, will debut the thriller, House of Bodies, starring Terrence Howard and Peter Fonda, and Percentage starring Ving Rhames and Macy Gray this spring under the new first-look licensing agreement. “Shakim Compere and I are thrilled to do business with Netflix,” said Latifah, in a statament. “Netflix is such a strong brand and the perfect place to showcase our projects.”
Queen Latifah inks Netflix deal
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'