Netflix has inked a deal with Queen Latifah’s production company that gives the online service the exclusive opportunity to stream her movies shortly after their theatrical release. Flavor Unit Entertainment, which has produced Latifah’s films since Bringing Down the House as well as Lifetime’s recent Steel Magnolias remake, will debut the thriller, House of Bodies, starring Terrence Howard and Peter Fonda, and Percentage starring Ving Rhames and Macy Gray this spring under the new first-look licensing agreement. “Shakim Compere and I are thrilled to do business with Netflix,” said Latifah, in a statament. “Netflix is such a strong brand and the perfect place to showcase our projects.”
Feb 5 2013 10:46 AM ET
Queen Latifah inks Netflix deal
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie