Cameron Diaz will reportedly play the boozy shrew who manages the run-down orphanage in Annie, the upcoming cinematic adaptation starring Quvenzhane Wallis (Beasts of the Southern Wild) as the adorable orphan and Jamie Foxx as an updated Daddy Warbucks named Benjamin Stacks. Deadline reported that the Bad Teacher star would join the musical, which is being directed by Will Gluck (Easy A) and produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z. Sandra Bullock reportedly had been in talks for the role, which was most famously played by Carol Burnett in the 1982 movie-musical.
Cameron Diaz to play Miss Hannigan in 'Annie' -- Report
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi talk 'Toil and Till'
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch
- 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Big Brother'; 'Dancing With the Stars': Tuesday TV recaps
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Fantastic Fest 2014: 22 wonderfully weird films in Austin
- 'Breaking Bad': 'Ozymandias' writer and director look back at milestone episode
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 539
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 481
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 375
- No Blood On His Hands 335
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Tom Hiddleston to star in King-Kong spin-off, 'Skull Island'
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: No second chance for a second dance