Even just watching motion-capture maestro Andy Serkis talk about playing empathetic ape Caesar is fairly mesmerizing. Serkis joined his Dawn of the Planet Apes director Matt Reeves and costars Jason Clarke and Keri Russell at EW’s Comic-Con studio to discuss the plot of the film, which picks up 10 years after 2011′s surprise summer hit Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Following a viral apocalypse, Caesar has built a kingdom of 2,000 apes in the woods. When they learn some humans remain (including Clarke’s and Russell’s characters), it’s a matter of survival for both groups. Watch the interview below.
Andy Serkis explains why 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' was more challenging than 'Rise'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': About that ending and other spoiler-y Q's
- 'Sons of Anarchy' unveils haunting final season art
- 'Once Upon a Time': Let's guess what's up in first 'Frozen' photos
- 12 who gained/lost weight for a role
- 'Supernatural,' 'Teen Wolf,' 'Mindy,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Wrestlers in movies: Best/worst performances
- Comic-Con '14: 20 bonus star portraits
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- STAHP in the name of love 982
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 560
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 467
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 597
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' ending: Who was that? And other spoiler-y questions
- Photos: 'Once Upon a Time' reveals Elsa, Kristoff, and obviously the reindeer
- On the Books: HarperCollins to cut offending passage from 'American Sniper'
- Worth the Weight? 12 Radical Physical Transformations for a Role
- Spoiler Room is back! Get scoop on 'Supernatural,' 'Teen Wolf', more