Even just watching motion-capture maestro Andy Serkis talk about playing empathetic ape Caesar is fairly mesmerizing. Serkis joined his Dawn of the Planet Apes director Matt Reeves and costars Jason Clarke and Keri Russell at EW’s Comic-Con studio to discuss the plot of the film, which picks up 10 years after 2011′s surprise summer hit Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Following a viral apocalypse, Caesar has built a kingdom of 2,000 apes in the woods. When they learn some humans remain (including Clarke’s and Russell’s characters), it’s a matter of survival for both groups. Watch the interview below.
Andy Serkis explains why 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' was more challenging than 'Rise'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'