Little is known about X-Men: Days of Future Past, Bryan Singer’s return trip to the mutant-superteam franchise. Actually, wait, scratch that: Almost everything is known about Future Past at this point, since the movie stars pretty much everyone who can act playing pretty much every X-Men character ever, with a plotline that will take place in every conceivable time period — including, hopefully, a better universe where everyone saw The Wolverine and nobody has ever heard of X-Men: Origins–Wolverine. But there was one question about Future Past left unanswered by Bryan Singer’s Twitter feed: Would James McAvoy’s Professor X spend the movie looking exactly like Tom Cruise in Born on the Fourth of July? Thanks to this new image released from the film, we can now confirm that the answer is: Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Oh, Hugh Jackman and Nicholas Hoult are there, also, looking respectively like the bassist and the drummer from the bar in your hometown that had to close down after all the murders. Anyhow, we can all agree that this movie — much like the ’70s — looks very brown and very beardy.
'X-Men: Days of Future Past': New photo shows off Professor X in the '70s
Latest Videos in Movies
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash' recap: 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...
- 'Lassa Fever' to 'The Dreaming Death': 5 soap opera epidemics
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Ray Fisher: Meet DC's 'Cyborg'
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?