Little is known about X-Men: Days of Future Past, Bryan Singer’s return trip to the mutant-superteam franchise. Actually, wait, scratch that: Almost everything is known about Future Past at this point, since the movie stars pretty much everyone who can act playing pretty much every X-Men character ever, with a plotline that will take place in every conceivable time period — including, hopefully, a better universe where everyone saw The Wolverine and nobody has ever heard of X-Men: Origins–Wolverine. But there was one question about Future Past left unanswered by Bryan Singer’s Twitter feed: Would James McAvoy’s Professor X spend the movie looking exactly like Tom Cruise in Born on the Fourth of July? Thanks to this new image released from the film, we can now confirm that the answer is: Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Oh, Hugh Jackman and Nicholas Hoult are there, also, looking respectively like the bassist and the drummer from the bar in your hometown that had to close down after all the murders. Anyhow, we can all agree that this movie — much like the ’70s — looks very brown and very beardy.
'X-Men: Days of Future Past': New photo shows off Professor X in the '70s
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' recap: The Man Who Could Not Stand Still
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Man Under the Hood'
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'Vampire Diaries': Paul Wesley nixes shirtless Stefan
- 'Dawson's Creek': Kevin Williamson on how it ended
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- Kevin Williamson looks back at the 'Dawson's Creek' series finale: The art of saying goodbye