Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s feature directorial debut in which he also stars, hits theaters today. When EW’s current coverboy stopped by Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM channel 105) to talk with editor Jess Cagle about his career, he spoke not only about the Sunny Jim peanut butter commercial that began it at age 6, but also about filming a guest spot on Quantum Leap (pictured) when he was 11 — in an episode that its star, Scott Bakula, directed. Listen to Gordon-Levitt explain why those two memories stick out for him in the clip below, and you’ll understand exactly why he grew up to be a man who wears so many hats.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt: I appreciated an actor-director at age 11
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- Tyler James Williams' 'Walking Dead' preview: 'We're going back to get the squad'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Bobby Moynihan: Drunk Uncle, Aunt Linda, and Stefon are one big family