Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s feature directorial debut in which he also stars, hits theaters today. When EW’s current coverboy stopped by Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM channel 105) to talk with editor Jess Cagle about his career, he spoke not only about the Sunny Jim peanut butter commercial that began it at age 6, but also about filming a guest spot on Quantum Leap (pictured) when he was 11 — in an episode that its star, Scott Bakula, directed. Listen to Gordon-Levitt explain why those two memories stick out for him in the clip below, and you’ll understand exactly why he grew up to be a man who wears so many hats.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt: I appreciated an actor-director at age 11
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Scandal': Is Rowan or Cyrus the biggest creep?
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Petals on the Wind': First Look trailer
- Johnny Depp: 20 hair dos and don'ts
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Friday Night Lights': Going out on top
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…