Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s feature directorial debut in which he also stars, hits theaters today. When EW’s current coverboy stopped by Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM channel 105) to talk with editor Jess Cagle about his career, he spoke not only about the Sunny Jim peanut butter commercial that began it at age 6, but also about filming a guest spot on Quantum Leap (pictured) when he was 11 — in an episode that its star, Scott Bakula, directed. Listen to Gordon-Levitt explain why those two memories stick out for him in the clip below, and you’ll understand exactly why he grew up to be a man who wears so many hats.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt: I appreciated an actor-director at age 11
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Hunnam's message/massage
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- Drew Struzan: Movie poster artist talks 9 classics
- 'Walking Dead' cast react to season 5 trailer
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Bachelor/Bachelorette': Married?
- Warner Bros. and RatPac team up for 'The Goldfinch'
- 'The Bachelorette' season finale recap: STAHP in the name of love
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- See 5 minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode