Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s feature directorial debut in which he also stars, hits theaters today. When EW’s current coverboy stopped by Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM channel 105) to talk with editor Jess Cagle about his career, he spoke not only about the Sunny Jim peanut butter commercial that began it at age 6, but also about filming a guest spot on Quantum Leap (pictured) when he was 11 — in an episode that its star, Scott Bakula, directed. Listen to Gordon-Levitt explain why those two memories stick out for him in the clip below, and you’ll understand exactly why he grew up to be a man who wears so many hats.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt: I appreciated an actor-director at age 11
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying