Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s feature directorial debut in which he also stars, hits theaters today. When EW’s current coverboy stopped by Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM channel 105) to talk with editor Jess Cagle about his career, he spoke not only about the Sunny Jim peanut butter commercial that began it at age 6, but also about filming a guest spot on Quantum Leap (pictured) when he was 11 — in an episode that its star, Scott Bakula, directed. Listen to Gordon-Levitt explain why those two memories stick out for him in the clip below, and you’ll understand exactly why he grew up to be a man who wears so many hats.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt: I appreciated an actor-director at age 11
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 'Rebel Heart' album
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever