• Noomi Rapace (Prometheus) will play seven sisters in the dystopian pic What Happened to Monday? Tommy Wirkola (Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters) is set to direct the movie about a set of septuplets born into a strictly enforced one-child per family society. Wirkola originally intended to cast a man in the lead. In the release announcing the news, he said: “I was struck by the complexities of having an actor portray seven characters and immediately knew Noomi was the ideal actor — male or female — to bring them to life.” Max Botkin wrote the script, which made the 2010 Black List. [THR]
• Sigourney Weaver will join Neill Blomkamp’s sci-fi robot pic Chappie, starring Hugh Jackman, Sharlto Copley and Dev Patel. The story follows a robot who gets kidnapped by a pair of criminals and then adopted by a strange family. [The Wrap]
• Punk icon Joan Jett will star in and produce the black comedy Undateable John. She’s playing a surf punk who makes friends with a couple at an AA meeting. Daryl Hannah, Estella Warren, and Tom Arnold also star. Demian Lichtenstein (3000 Miles to Graceland) is directing. [Deadline]
• Professional surfer Bethany Hamilton and subject of Soul Surfer will appear as herself in Dolphin Tale 2, Alcon Entertainment announced Monday. Harry Connick, Jr., Morgan Freeman, Kris Kristofferson, and Ashley Judd will star in the follow-up to Charles Martin Smith’s 2011 pic.
• Jane Seymour has joined the cast of Scout, a coming-of-age pic about a young girl and a suicidal boy who road trip to find her long-lost sister. Seymour will play the part of the boy’s mother. [THR]
• Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse) and Louisa Krause (Martha Marcy May Marlene) are starring as sisters in Jane Wants A Boyfriend. Filming is currently underway in Brooklyn. [Deadline]
PREVIOUSLY: Emile Hirsch cast as John Belushi