EW has confirmed that Fast & Furious 7 will restart filming in April. The sequel’s production was put on hold in the wake of the death of lead actor Paul Walker, giving the filmmakers time to figure out how to proceed, since the film was only half-finished at the time of Walker’s passing. Previous reports have indicated that the film will “retire” Walker’s character without killing him off. Originally scheduled for release this summer, Fast & Furious 7 is now shooting for an April 2015 release date.
'Fast & Furious 7' resuming production in April
Latest Videos in Movies
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1
- Comic-Con 2014: All the stars at the EW Hideout
- 'Arrow' boss: 'Olicity' date is not a 'fake-out'
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 1 panels
- 'Heroes United': Iron Man, Captain America in 'toon
- J.K. Rowling visits U.K. event as Robert Galbraith
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived