We all know Ellen DeGeneres loves to dance — she even led a whole chorus full of tuxedo-clad dancers for her first Oscar promo. But will the comedian join the likes of former Oscar hosts like Seth MacFarlane, Hugh Jackman, and Billy Crystal, who all started the show with a little musical salute? Well, we will have to wait until Sunday night for that answer, but in the meantime, enjoy this clip of some of our favorite moments from past Academy Award opening numbers. And thanks again, Seth, for the EW shout-out in your number. We’ve already decided that when you host the Oscars again in 2018 it will be the best ever!
Oscars supercut: Relive some of the best opening-number moments -- VIDEO
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast to visit 'Conan'
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7, reportedly with huge raises
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 2'
- 'Survivor' recap: The price of rice is right?
- Jim Carrey nails McConaughey voice again: 'All I gotta do is let go of the illusion that I exist'
- Spider-Man fans, take a good long look at Marvel's latest Summer '15 teaser
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst and an exclusive deleted scene
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'American Horror Story' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Pt. 2'