Disney CEO teases 'Star Wars' details, says more 'Cars' and 'Incredibles' in the works

Return-of-the-Jedi.jpg

Image Credit: © & TM Lucasfilm, Ltd.

A few hours ago Tuesday in a galaxy that looks a lot like Portland, Disney CEO and chairman Bob Iger told shareholders that Star Wars: Episode VII would take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi — one of the more specific nuggets of info that we’ve been treated to about the secretive project, which is supposed to start production in May.

Also, amid feverish casting speculations in various stages of negotiations ranging from Lupita Nyong’o to Adam Driver, Iger teased that, “there will be some very familiar faces along with a trio of new young leads.” He also joked that only one actor had been cast in the film so far: R2-D2.

Iger also announced that Pixar is at work on a new Incredibles film and a new installment in the Cars franchise. The superhero family pic The Incredibles earned over $631 million worldwide after its Nov. 2004 release, while both Cars films have earned over $1 billion worldwide. He also touted the box office success of Frozen, which is on the way to passing Toy Story 3’s $1.063 billion worldwide earnings.

The meeting is still ongoing and we’ll continue to update with any new information.


Latest Videos in Movies

Advertisement

From Our Partners

TV Recaps

Powered by WordPress.com VIP