• Oscar winner Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardner) may join Michael Fassbender (12 Years A Slave) in Dreamworks’ The Light Between Oceans based on the M.L. Stedman novel. Derek Cianfrance (Blue Valentine) is directing the film about a lighthouse keeper and his wife who raise 2-month-old baby after finding it in a rowboat next to a dead body. [The Wrap]
• Fifty Shades of Grey‘s Dakota Johnson will star in Forever, Interrupted, another book-to-film adaptation. The debut novel from Taylor Jenkins Reid tells the story of a young woman who forms a relationship with the mother she never knew after her whirlwind marriage is cut short. [THR]
• Anna Friel (Pushing Daisies) and Oliver Platt (Chef) will take The Master Cleanse, a fantasy horror comedy from writer-director Bobby Miller, making his feature debut. Friel replaces replaces Chloë Sevigny (Big Love), who had a scheduling conflict and both actors join previously announced stars Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory) and Angelica Huston (Smash). [The Wrap]
• Jim Belushi (According to Jim) will play the father of a murder suspect in The Whole Truth from Frozen River director Courtney Hunt. Belushi joins previously announced stars Keanu Reeves (The Matrix) , Renee Zellweger (Cold Mountain), Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Belle), and Gabriel Basso (The Big C). Production begins this week in New Orleans. [Variety]
• House of Cards actress Kate Lyn Sheil has joined the sci-fi film Equals from director Drake Doremus (Like Crazy) and written by Nathan Parker (Moon). Guy Pearce (The Hurt Locker), Kristen Stewart (Twilight), and Nicholas Hoult will all star in the movie, which depicts a world that has no emotion until a disease unleashes sadness, love, anxiety, and other feelings. [Variety]
• Frances Fisher (Titanic) will play the mother of Ryan Reynolds in the Holocaust drama The Woman in Gold, about real-life heroine Maria Altmann, played by Oscar winner Helen Mirren (The Queen). Simon Curtis (My Week With Marilyn) will direct the film, which will also star Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), Daniel Brühl (Rush), and Katie Holmes (Batman Begins).
PREVIOUSLY: Redford and Blanchett in talks for Rather film