While fans may have to hold out more than a year for the next Star Wars film, Lucasfilm’s animated project Strange Magic is a much shorter wait away. And now, the first trailer is here, meaning we finally get to see what Alan Cumming would look like as a singing bug.
Category: News (1-10 of 2876)
EW’s latest cover is an all-access, exclusive peek behind the scenes of next summer’s highly anticipated musical comedy Pitch Perfect 2. The movie takes place 3 years after the first film, with the Barden Bellas ruling the collegiate a cappella world. But then something happens. “They are prohibited—and I won’t say why—from competing at the collegiate level,” says director Elizabeth Banks, who produced the original and appears again as judge Gail. “So they are sort of forced to enter a professional world competition in order to be reinstated.” Here’s what else you need to know about PP2. READ FULL STORY
Thank goodness for Reese Witherspoon.
Despite a recent surge in strong roles for women (e.g., Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine, Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook), Hollywood really dropped the ball when it came to showcasing interesting roles for actresses in 2014. If it weren’t for Witherspoon’s newfound strength as a producer, two of this year’s likely nominees wouldn’t exist—and the Best Actress race would look even more dire than it currently does.
Witherspoon herself is one of the primary contenders, of course, for her portrayal of a novice hiker looking for redemption in the adaptation of Cheryl Strayed’s memoir Wild (which the actress produced). But she also optioned and developed the box office hit Gone Girl, which should land a nomination for Rosamund Pike, playing the iciest (and scariest) wife in modern cinema. Neither of them is the frontrunner, however. READ FULL STORY
Though Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs biopic still hasn’t found its Jobs, the screenwriter has offered up a few more details about the film, as well as why finding someone to fill the role has been such a challenge.
In an interview with The Independent, Sorkin opened up about how Jobs’ daughter Lisa became a major facet of his writing process. Lisa, whom Jobs initially denied paternity of but later reconnected with when she was in her teens, spoke to Sorkin. These conversations were a coup for the writer, as Lisa did not speak to Walter Isaacson for the biography on which the film is based. READ FULL STORY
George Clooney may be reunited with his on-again, off-again Ocean’s Eleven love in Jodie Foster’s upcoming thriller, Monster Money.
There are few more recent franchises as significant to the PlayStation brand as the Uncharted series. Across three main games (and a prequel), treasure hunter Nathan Drake has scoured the globe for hidden riches. Sony has been trying to adapt the beloved games into a film since 2008, shortly after the series began.
The Uncharted film has had a number of writers, directors, and actors attached to the project, and there’s now another name to add to the list.
After a sci-fi detour, M. Night Shyamalan is revisiting the genre that launched his career.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' quiz: Test your smarts
- Tina Fey's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' moves from NBC to Netflix
- 'How to Get Away With Murder,' 'Elementary,' 'Walking Dead,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': What we saw on the set
- Stephen Merchant's advice if you find yourself watching a sex scene with your parents?
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks THAT killer twist
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks killer twist
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- AMC to debut 'Better Call Saul' with two-night event
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' recap: 'Kill Me, Kill Me, Kill Me'