Natalie deserved and got.” READ FULL STORY
Category: Natalie Portman (11-20 of 24)
Responding to claims that Black Swan star Natalie Portman didn’t do the majority of her on-screen dancing in her Oscar-winning role, director Darren Aronofsky released the following statement through studio Fox Searchlight:
“Here is the reality. I had my editor count shots. There are 139 dance shots in the film. 111 are Natalie Portman untouched. READ FULL STORY
A claim by Natalie Portman’s ballet double from the movie Black Swan alleging that the Oscar-winning actress did not perform the majority of that film’s dance sequences has quickly been challenged. Sarah Lane, the American Ballet Theatre soloist who doubled for Portman during some of that film’s most difficult dance sequences, told Entertainment Weekly that the Oscar-winning actress did only 5 percent “of the full body shots” in the film. But the filmmakers insist that simply isn’t the case, saying in a joint statement released by Fox Searchlight, “We were fortunate to have Sarah there to cover the more complicated dance sequences and we have nothing but praise for the hard work she did. However, Natalie herself did most of the dancing featured in the final film.” READ FULL STORY
'Black Swan' double claims Natalie Portman only did '5 percent' of full-body dance shots in the movie
The ballerina who served as a dancing double for Natalie Portman’s Oscar-winnning role in Black Swan tells EW she has been the victim of a “cover-up” to mislead the public about how much dancing Portman actually did in the film. “Of the full body shots, I would say 5 percent are Natalie,” says Sarah Lane, 27, an American Ballet Theatre soloist who performed many of the film’s complicated dance sequences, allowing Portman’s face to be digitally grafted onto her body. “All the other shots are me.” READ FULL STORY
Another red band trailer for Your Highness, the medieval marijuana comedy starring Danny McBride, James Franco and Natalie Portman has hit the Web, and… it’s still raunchy. And funny. Even if you’re sober. Watch it below. READ FULL STORY
The Joel McHale-hosted indie film kudosfest — which took place this afternoon in Santa Monica, Calif. — will be broadcast tonight at 10 p.m. on IFC. Black Swan won all four of its nominations, including Best Feature, beating out Winter’s Bone, The Kids Are All Right, 127 Hours, and Greenberg. John Hawkes and Dale Dickey — both from Winter’s Bone – won the supporting male and female trophies, respectively. The full list of winners: READ FULL STORYBlack Swan‘s Natalie Portman and Oscar nominee (and host) James Franco walked away with the top acting honors at the 2011 Film Independent’s Spirit Awards.
newly pregnant star, who’s finally jumping into the genre with this week’s No Strings Attached, co-starring Ashton Kutcher. “But the girls are always in fashion, and it’s always about their clothes. They always want to get married at the end. There’s some kind of makeover scene. That stuff offends me.”Natalie Portman has starred in sci-fi epics (Star Wars: Episode 1 — The Phantom Menace), indie films (Garden State), and even the odd kid pic (Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium). But there’s one type of movie she’s avoided until now: The romantic comedy. “I’ve always wanted to do one,” says the
Makeovers and fashion montages are nowhere to be found in No Strings Attached, the story of a doctor (Portman) and a TV writer (Kutcher) who decide to have a sex-only relationship. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks THAT killer twist
- 'Scandal': Kerry Washington and costars on midseason finale shocker
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Scandal'; 'Grey's Anatomy'; 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Gracepoint'; more TV recaps
- 'Parenthood'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; 'Project Runway All-Stars'; more TV recaps
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'Cups' returns in 'Pitch Perfect 2' trailer
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' does Nirvana: Watch Evan Peters sing 'Come As You Are'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Jimmy Smits talks Nero's heartbreaking scenes
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' recap: 'Kill Me, Kill Me, Kill Me'
- AMC to debut 'Better Call Saul' with two-night event
- 'AHS: Freak Show' Exclusive: Watch Evan Peters perform Nirvana's 'Come As You Are'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' star Jimmy Smits talks Nero's heartbreaking scenes
- 'Scandal' postmortem: What's next after the shocking disappearance?