If you thought Alec Baldwin was cantankerous, even he pales compared to the veteran Broadway and TV star Elaine Stritch. In Chiemi Karasawa’s new documentary Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me, opening in limited release this Friday, the 89-year-old actress (and Today show F-bomb-dropper) recounts her turbulent life on the stage and screen, her battles with alcoholism, and her improbable comeback in the last decade. In this exclusive clip, we see Stritch on the set of 30 Rock, where she played the wasp-tongued mother of Alec Baldwin’s network exec Jack Donaghy (a role that earned the actress her third Emmy Award in 2008). On set, she mixes it up with Tina Fey and Baldwin, a kindred spirit who hilariously grumbles about the veteran scene-stealer in rehearsal. “Don’t you last-word me, you,” he says. “It’s my laugh-line, you bitch.” And her reaction to his grousing is just as priceless. READ FULL STORY
Tag: 30 Rock (1-6 of 6)
'Wet Hot American Summer' 10th anniversary: David Wain, Michael Showalter, and Joe Lo Truglio remember their days at Camp Firewood
Think it’s impossible to make a comedy for just $1.8 million, get it into theatres, and still wind up with a financial disaster? Think again!!! It is almost exactly 10 years since writer-director David Wain did just that with Wet Hot American Summer, his camp movie spoof which starred co-writer Michael Showalter, Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper, Elizabeth Banks, Michael Ian Black, Janeane Garofalo, David Hyde Pierce, Christopher Meloni, and Joe Lo Truglio, amongst many others.
To mark the 10th anniversary of the movie’s release — and to celebrate the film’s elevation to cult classic status — Wain, Showalter, and Black are hosting a special Wet Hot event tonight at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, N.Y. The bad news? The event is sold out. The good? You can read the Camp Firewood reminiscences of Wain, Showalter, and Lo Truglio below.
Elizabeth Banks was a complete unknown when she was cast as “Lindsay” in the 2001 film Wet Hot American Summer. And she stayed that way for a while after, thanks to the dismal box office performance of David Wain’s camp comedy. But, over time, the movie’s growing cult would help Banks become one of the most in-demand actresses around.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Winners and losers of Summer 2014
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 'Hullabaloo': Will fans of hand-drawn animation art fund this indie short?
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI issues statement
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Arrow' digital-first comic fills in gap between seasons 2 and 3
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 6: Cody-Michelle, Marcus-Lacy, and...Jesse
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by 'The Unauthorized Saved…
- Internet grinds to halt as nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, others surface
- FBI issues statement on leaked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, others
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' recap: Cave dwellers
- CeeLo Green tweets that only women who 'remember' can be raped (Updated)