As expected, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1 led the box office once again over the extended Thanksgiving frame, but Disney’s The Muppets reboot more than held its own in second place. Meanwhile, newcomers Arthur Christmas and Hugo started modestly, and The Descendants, My Week with Marilyn, and The Artist all impressed in limited release. Here’s how the box office played out over the holiday weekend: READ FULL STORY
Tag: A Dangerous Method (1-3 of 3)
With his Oscar-buzz period drama, A Dangerous Method, opening in selected cities today, director David Cronenberg took some time from his busy schedule to talk to EW about the difficulties of finding backing for a movie about Jung and Freud, the black art of movie casting, and his good luck of landing one of the hottest stars of the year, Michael Fassbender. (The next Errol Flynn?)
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: A Dangerous Method seems like it must have been a tough sell when it was time to find financing. How long did it take to get off the ground?
DAVID CRONENBERG: It took some years because the financing was difficult and the economic meltdown affected things. I approached [screenwriter] Christopher Hampton about it maybe 10 years ago. There was some talk of him directing it, so it started and stopped. But at a certain point, when the smoke cleared, we had to think, Okay, who’s going to be in the movie? READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Gotham recap: 'Selina Kyle'
- 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more recaps
- 'Castle' season premiere: Your take on 'Driven'?
- 'Castle' boss tips us off to 5 things to look for this season
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on chat with Lorne Michaels about Pete Davidson ('By the way, do you want to host?')
- '24: Live Another Day' Blu-ray/DVD shows us Tony Almeida in 'Solitary': First Look
- Emily Kinney talks 'Walking Dead': Daryl and Beth connected (but don't call them Deth)
- 'Family Guy' does the Bartman--and maybe 'South Park' still wins
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' season 7 premiere recap: Where in the world is Richard Castle?
- Tony Almeida wants out of solitary in new '24' Blu-ray feature
- 'Castle' boss: Season 7 will reveal more of why Castle is the way he is
- 'The Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television