As expected, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1 led the box office once again over the extended Thanksgiving frame, but Disney’s The Muppets reboot more than held its own in second place. Meanwhile, newcomers Arthur Christmas and Hugo started modestly, and The Descendants, My Week with Marilyn, and The Artist all impressed in limited release. Here’s how the box office played out over the holiday weekend: READ FULL STORY
Tag: A Dangerous Method (1-3 of 3)
With his Oscar-buzz period drama, A Dangerous Method, opening in selected cities today, director David Cronenberg took some time from his busy schedule to talk to EW about the difficulties of finding backing for a movie about Jung and Freud, the black art of movie casting, and his good luck of landing one of the hottest stars of the year, Michael Fassbender. (The next Errol Flynn?)
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: A Dangerous Method seems like it must have been a tough sell when it was time to find financing. How long did it take to get off the ground?
DAVID CRONENBERG: It took some years because the financing was difficult and the economic meltdown affected things. I approached [screenwriter] Christopher Hampton about it maybe 10 years ago. There was some talk of him directing it, so it started and stopped. But at a certain point, when the smoke cleared, we had to think, Okay, who’s going to be in the movie? READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Brick Mansions': EW movie review
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': Pleased to meet...Electro?
- Bryan Singer statement on abuse claims
- 'Mentalist' being shopped to networks outside CBS
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Parks and Rec': 9 hints about season finale
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday': Master of disguise?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 678
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 523
- The Spy Who Shacked Me 482
- Slaves to Love 512
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 386
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!