As expected, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1 led the box office once again over the extended Thanksgiving frame, but Disney’s The Muppets reboot more than held its own in second place. Meanwhile, newcomers Arthur Christmas and Hugo started modestly, and The Descendants, My Week with Marilyn, and The Artist all impressed in limited release. Here’s how the box office played out over the holiday weekend: READ FULL STORY
Tag: A Dangerous Method (1-3 of 3)
With his Oscar-buzz period drama, A Dangerous Method, opening in selected cities today, director David Cronenberg took some time from his busy schedule to talk to EW about the difficulties of finding backing for a movie about Jung and Freud, the black art of movie casting, and his good luck of landing one of the hottest stars of the year, Michael Fassbender. (The next Errol Flynn?)
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: A Dangerous Method seems like it must have been a tough sell when it was time to find financing. How long did it take to get off the ground?
DAVID CRONENBERG: It took some years because the financing was difficult and the economic meltdown affected things. I approached [screenwriter] Christopher Hampton about it maybe 10 years ago. There was some talk of him directing it, so it started and stopped. But at a certain point, when the smoke cleared, we had to think, Okay, who’s going to be in the movie? READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- 'Utopia': Meet the cast of new reality series
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- Pierce Brosnan's got game? 007 vs. Jimmy Fallon in a round of 'Goldeneye'
- Lindsay Lohan selfie with Tina Fey teases EW's fall 'Mean Girls' reunion
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': Telling Louis Zamperini's story 'a giant responsibility'
- 'Wahlburgers'...or glimpse at real-life 'Entourage'? First Look
- 'NCIS' casts Stephanie Jacobsen; a new love interest for DiNozzo?
- Stephanie Jacobsen joins 'NCIS'... as a love interest for DiNozzo?
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' gets official book -- and series finale air date
- Love it or loathe it? EW debates Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off'