The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 has been nominated in every single category — and twice in one of ‘em — of the 33rd Annual Golden Raspberry Awards, or Razzies. The full list of noms is below, along with a video presentation of them that should probably be nominated for its own Razzie. Cringe and enjoy! READ FULL STORY
Tag: A Thousand Words (1-4 of 4)
R-rated comedy 21 Jump Street (starring Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill) topped the box office on Friday with a tremendous $13.1 million in its first 24 hours. The well-reviewed television adaptation–it earned a “B” CinemaScore grade–may pull in about $35 million over the Friday to Sunday period, which is a gross typically reserved for comedic summer tentpoles — not any old springtime release. I’d guess that 21 Jump Street‘s terrific start will trigger a sequel announcement within a week. Sony could have a new smash franchise on their hands. READ FULL STORY
Box office disasters: The real lesson of 'John Carter,' and has Eddie Murphy finally run out of words?
The chattering classes of the infotainment-sphere love to kick a movie debacle in the shins. But from the moment that John Carter opened, the perceptions of how big — or maybe not quite so big — a disaster it was were a tad hazy, and they trickled in slowly. A dry dust storm of digital effects, corny fetishized machismo, and bad acting out of the loincloth-and-galactic-tiara school, John Carter, as just about everyone in the solar system had predicted, underperformed in a dramatic way. But was it merely a “disappointment,” or a major flop, or, in fact, a good old-fashioned game-changing heads-will-roll executives-will-commit-seppuku debacle? What did the $30 million opening-weekend gross stacked up against the movie’s $250 million price tag really mean? READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'Game of Thrones' visual effects reel: Filling in Westeros' blanks
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his 'Into the Dalek' debut
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Walking Dead': Behind-the-scenes at the EW cover photo shoot
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- Jon Stewart says Hugh Grant was worst 'Daily Show' guest ever; Grant agrees
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!