Paramount, which released Martin Scorsese’s three most recent films, including last year’s The Wolf of Wall Street, is close to a deal that will partner the studio and the Oscar winner again on Silence, his next film. Sources close to the production confirm a Deadline report that the studio is aiming for a November 2015 release of the movie, which will star Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver as two 17th-century Jesuit missionaries in Japan in search of a missing mentor. Liam Neeson and Ken Watanabe also will star. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Adam Driver (1-9 of 9)
The award for best cast of 2014 may already be locked up. Just look at the trailer for This Is Where I Leave You, starring (deep breath) Tina Fey, Jason Bateman, Corey Stoll, Adam Driver, Jane Fonda, Rose Byrne, Kathryn Hahn, Connie Britton, Ben Schwartz, Timothy Olyphant, and Dax Shepard.
Based on 2009′s best-selling novel by Jonathan Tropper (who wrote the screenplay), the dramedy follows four adult children (Fey, Bateman, Stoll and Driver) who return to their mother’s (Jane Fonda) house for a week when their father dies. “We need a new term for the tone. It’s not a dark comedy — because it’s not that dark. But it’s an emotional comedy,” Fey told EW.
Watch below: READ FULL STORY
The Kids Are Alright‘s Mia Wasikowska stars in the upcoming adventure biopic Tracks as Robyn Davidson, a young woman who sets out on a 2,000-mile journey on foot from Australia’s Alice Springs to the Indian Ocean in 1977. The latest trailer for the film gives viewers a look at who and what Robyn encounters along the way, including a young National Geographic photographer named Rick Smolan (Girls‘ Adam Driver), who winds up documenting her adventure.
Watch the trailer below: READ FULL STORY
The first trailer for Tracks, the true story of naturalist Robyn Davidson on a hike with four camels for almost 2,000 miles through an Australian desert that stars Mia Wasikowska and Adam Driver, is now online. Check it out below:
• Aaron Paul, best known for portraying the tragic Jesse Pinkman on the late Breaking Bad, has signed on for Gabriele Muccino’s Fathers and Daughters, starring Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried. The story alternates between past and present in weaving together a tale of a mentally ill novelist attempting to raise his young daughter in the city. Seyfried will play the grown up version of Crowe’s character’s daughter, but little is known about Paul’s role. He and Seyfried acted together previously in HBO’s Big Love. [Variety]
READ FULL STORY
• Idris Elba (Thor: The Dark World) has signed on to star in the thriller Bastille Day, which finds a young artist and a former CIA agent teaming up on an anti-terrorist mission in France. Baran bo Odar (The Silence) is set to direct. Andrew Baldwin (The Outsider) penned the script. Elba can be seen next as Nelson Mandela in the biopic Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (out Dec. 18). [Variety]
• Emma Watson might get the princess treatment in Kenneth Branagh’s live action adaptation of Cinderella for Disney. Cate Blanchett has already been cast as the wicked stepmother. Watson is only in early talks at this point, so although it seems like the shoe fits, it might be best not to get too attached to the idea of her as Cinderella. [Variety]
• Gary Oldman has signed on to join the cast of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, to play Dreyfus – the leader of the resistance efforts. EW previously reported Jason Clarke‘s (Zero Dark Thirty) casting and the news that Andy Serkis will reprise his role as Caesar, the leader of the apes. Oldman is also currently working on the RoboCop remake and Paranoia. [Deadline]
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Vikings' Comic-Con comic book: We've got the cover
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- Neneh Cherry's back, not aiming for 'trendy'
- Kacy Catanzaro talks 'Ninja Warrior' whirlwind
- 'Arrow': 'We believe in accelerated storytelling'
- Batman's best stories: 9 that shine
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- Mark Ruffalo talks potential for a 'Hulk' movie
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 628
- 'Lost cause' 399
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 504
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 421
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 285
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- Kacy Catanzaro would happily hit the 'American Ninja Warrior' obstacle course with Stephen Amell
- Mark Ruffalo on the foe Hulk needs for a stand-alone movie