The Step Up movies have undeniably found their international cult following because of splashy production numbers, but there’s also no doubt the franchise owes much of its success to the daredevil dancers who bring that choreography to life. In an exclusive clip from Step Up Revolution‘s forthcoming Blu-ray/DVD release, producer Adam Shankman reveals behind-the-scenes footage that shows how the individual dancers work together to develop their eye-popping moves. Below, watch star Kathryn McCormick shakes her money maker and other members Revolution‘s army of dancers trick out their gravity-defying maneuvers.
Tag: Adam Shankman (1-4 of 4)
Box office report: 'Madagascar 3' earns $35.5M, more than 'Rock of Ages' and 'That's My Boy' combined
A couple of high-profile openers couldn’t force the animals of Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted into their cages. The animated comedy topped the box office once again this weekend, while Rock of Ages and That’s My Boy delivered majorly disappointing debuts.
Dreamworks’ $145 million effort Madagascar 3 roared a second time following its $60.3 million start. The CG-animated film dipped 41 percent to $35.5 million this frame. That’s better than the second weekend decline of its predecessor, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, which fell by 45 percent and had earned a slightly softer $116.9 million at the same point in its run. Madagascar 3 has grossed $120.5 million over ten days, and is headed to a $180 million finish domestically. Worldwide, the 3-D film has grossed a robust $278 million, and will likely finish near $600 million. READ FULL STORY
After 30 years in showbiz, Alec Baldwin has had plenty of onscreen alter egos: mobster, brain surgeon, ghost, CIA agent, Charles Nelson Reilly… But it’s safe to say we’ve never seen the Emmy winner looking like he does in Rock of Ages (out June 15), the musical based on the hit Broadway show about the ’80s metal scene on the Sunset Strip.
Baldwin sports feathery shoulder-length locks and glam rock-inspired outfits to play Dennis Dupree, the owner of a club where Stacee Jaxx (Tom Cruise), the world’s biggest rock star, puts on a one-night-only show. The actor’s 30 Rock comedy chops come in handy for the role, which requires him to canoodle with Russell Brand and croon REO Speedwagon’s “Can’t Fight This Feeling.” But getting laughs required serious dedication according to director Adam Shankman and lead hair stylist Camille Friend, who chatted with EW in this week’s issue about creating Baldwin’s character — from the hair down.
The newest trailer for the jukebox musical Rock of Ages gives us a few more peeks at the movie’s plot. There’s a kid (Diego Boneta) who yearns to be a rock star; his girlfriend (Julianne Hough) with the big-voiced talent and, in one shot, even bigger hair; and an unscrupulous record business so-and-so (Paul Giamatti) who tells the kid to forget love, ’cause he’s providing fame, baby. But really, all you need to know is, yes, we do finally hear Tom Cruise sing as perpetually shirtless rock god Stacee Jaxx. And he sounds…pretty good!
Granted, Cruise is just singing one line from Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive,” with what sounds like some considerable reverb. But the dude has a leather-jacket-wearing macaque named “Hey Man” with some righteous-looking teeth, so I’m not about to complain. Check out the trailer, and director Adam Shankman’s thoughts on re-creating 1980s rock-and-roll, below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The right one won
- Lily Rabe talks return to 'American Horror Story': 'One of the great, great joys I have'
- 'Survivor' season 30 scoop: Jeff Probst shares new details on 'Worlds Apart'
- 'Ascension' finale: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?
- 'The Interview' gets the hook; would a 'prestige' film have been pulled just the same?
- 'The 100'; 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- Jenny Slate sings Fleetwood Mac as Marcel the Shell for 'Conan'
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season
- Aaron Sorkin, Steve Carell, and more react to Sony canceling 'The Interview'
- Jenny Slate sings Fleetwood Mac's 'Landslide' as Marcel the Shell
- 'Ascension' finale review: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?