Few mainstream sitcoms have ever been more eccentric (or more puppet-y) than ALF, the lighthearted ’80s series which centered on an typical All-American suburban family who live with a furry alien creature. The character Alf (who had a real name: Gordon Shumway) has mostly been absent since the show went off the air in 1990, besides a 1996 TV movie that costarred Martin Sheen and an extremely short-lived 2004 talk show in TV Land. But big things are happening for the big-snouted E.T. from Planet Melmac: Sony Pictures Animation has purchased the rights to ALF, with an eye towards bringing the franchise to the big screen. READ FULL STORY
Tag: ALF (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Mockingbird: 'She's just a badass'
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...