Few mainstream sitcoms have ever been more eccentric (or more puppet-y) than ALF, the lighthearted ’80s series which centered on an typical All-American suburban family who live with a furry alien creature. The character Alf (who had a real name: Gordon Shumway) has mostly been absent since the show went off the air in 1990, besides a 1996 TV movie that costarred Martin Sheen and an extremely short-lived 2004 talk show in TV Land. But big things are happening for the big-snouted E.T. from Planet Melmac: Sony Pictures Animation has purchased the rights to ALF, with an eye towards bringing the franchise to the big screen. READ FULL STORY
Tag: ALF (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- Kate Hudson shares her favorite 'Overboard' lines
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- 'Arrow': 'We believe in accelerated storytelling'
- 'Vikings' Comic-Con comic book: We've got the cover
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- Kacy Catanzaro talks 'Ninja Warrior' whirlwind
- Batman's best stories: 9 that shine
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 629
- 'Lost cause' 410
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 505
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 421
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 285
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- Kacy Catanzaro would happily hit the 'American Ninja Warrior' obstacle course with Stephen Amell