Few mainstream sitcoms have ever been more eccentric (or more puppet-y) than ALF, the lighthearted ’80s series which centered on an typical All-American suburban family who live with a furry alien creature. The character Alf (who had a real name: Gordon Shumway) has mostly been absent since the show went off the air in 1990, besides a 1996 TV movie that costarred Martin Sheen and an extremely short-lived 2004 talk show in TV Land. But big things are happening for the big-snouted E.T. from Planet Melmac: Sony Pictures Animation has purchased the rights to ALF, with an eye towards bringing the franchise to the big screen. READ FULL STORY
Tag: ALF (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' review: Working too hard for too little payoff
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- Thanksgiving family movie nights: Our most awkward choices...and yours?
- Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology from gamemaker for glitches
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Alfonso Ribeiro claims the mirrorball trophy
- Jennifer Aniston plays 'Horrible' prank on BBC DJ
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Arrow': Despite Black Canary costume, Laurel is far from a hero
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the Top 8