Here’s your alternative programming for Valentine’s Day next year. While romantic comedy remake About Last Night and romantic drama remake Endless Love will draw in the date night crowd (and – let’s face it – all the single ladies), Kevin Costner movie Three Days to Kill will be your dose of thriller action. Relativity announced Tuesday that the film will be released on Feb. 14, 2014. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Amber Heard (1-4 of 4)
Casting Net: Joseph Gordon-Levitt signs up for 'Sin City' 2. Plus: Hailee Steinfeld, Amber Heard join Kevin Costner thriller
• Joseph Gordon-Levitt will get his dark and mysterious on for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, playing the new character of Johnny, who will figure prominently in the intersecting stories in the hard-boiled sequel to 2005′s green-screen film noir Sin City. He’ll join Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Clive Owen, and Rosario Dawson, reprising their roles from the first film, as well as newcomer Dennis Haysbert. As with the first film, Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller are sharing both writing and directing credits on the film. [Deadline]
• Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit), Amber Heard (The Rum Diary) and Connie Nielsen (Gladiator) are joining Kevin Costner in an untitled comic thriller to be directed by McG (This Means War), production companies Relativity Media and EuropaCorp announced Monday. The film follows a retired secret service agent who embarks on one final mission while under the influence of a hallucinatory experimental drug he needs to stay alive. Luc Besson (Taken) and Adi Hasak (From Paris With Love) penned the screenplay.
Casting Net: Maggie Gyllenhaal joins Michael Fassbender’s band in ‘Frank.’ Plus: Ashley Tisdale, Stephen Lang, Vinnie Jones
Casting Net: Ricky Gervais in talks to star in ‘The Muppets’ sequel. Plus: Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, Eddie Redmayne, Berenice Bejo
Casting Net: Mireille Enos, Scott Speedman sign on for ‘Queen of the Night.’ Plus: Jon Bernthal to play Robert De Niro’s son
Casting Net: Mireille Enos, Scott Speedman sign on for 'Queen of the Night.' Plus: Jon Bernthal to play Robert De Niro's son
• Mireille Enos (AMC’s The Killing) and Scott Speedman (Underworld) have signed on for the psychological thriller Queen of the Night. Enos would play the mother of a child kidnapped eight years earlier, whose discovery of eerie artifacts from her daughter’s life leads her and her husband (Ryan Reynolds) to deduce their child may still be alive. Speedman would play the cop assigned to the case. Atom Egoyan (The Sweet Hereafter) will direct from the script he penned with first time feature writer David Fraser. [Deadline]
• In other former AMC star news, The Walking Dead‘s Jon Bernthal will play Robert De Niro‘s estranged son in Grudge Match, an ensemble boxing film about two retired pros (De Niro and Sylvester Stallone) who face off in the ring one final time. Kim Basinger, Alan Arkin, and Kevin Hart costar. Peter Segal (Get Smart) is directing from a script by Tim Kelleher (First Kid) and Doug Ellin (HBO’s Entourage). [Variety]
• Amber Heard will join Kevin Costner in Three Days to Kill, playing a mysterious woman who gives a dying ex-Secret Service agent an experimental drug to save his life, but only if he fulfills one final mission. McG will direct, from a script by Luc Besson (Taken) and Adi Hasak (From Paris with Love). [Variety]
Casting Net: Penn Badgley signs on for drama ‘Parts Per Billion.’ Plus: Michael Shannon, Samantha Morton, Scott Bakula
Casting Net: Michelle Williams eyeing thriller ‘The Double Hour.’ Plus: Joel Edgerton, Barbara Hershey, Glenn Close
Casting Net: Terrence Howard joins mega ensemble ‘Prisoners.’ Plus: Ty Burrell in ‘Muppets’ sequel, James Marsden
If the lap dance in the newly released photo above is any indication, the Machete sequel Machete Kills, both directed by Robert Rodriguez, will be yet another sassy, violent romp starring perennial tough guy Danny Trejo.
Open Road Films announced Thursday it’s distributing the film, out in wide release in 2013. The second movie in the trilogy, about Trejo as craggy faced ex-Federale agent Machete, hails from a screenplay by Kyle Ward, based on a story by Marcel Rodriguez and Robert Rodriguez. Besides Trejo, the movie stars a long list of known names, including pop diva Lady Gaga, making her acting debut, as well as Oscar nominee Demian Bichir, Sofia Vergara, Amber Heard, Charlie Sheen, Antonio Banderas, Jessica Alba, Alexa Vega, Vanessa Hudgens, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Mel Gibson. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
- 'Game of Thrones': 'answer injustice...with justice'
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Lena Dunham do?
- 'Deadbeat': Hulu intros supernatural comedy
- 'Simpsons' tribute to Marcia Wallace
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Alone'
- 'True Detective': Let's cast season 2
- 'Maron' season 2: More guests, two new photos
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'The Walking Dead' recap: All Tracks Lead to Terminus
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO