• Adventureland co-stars Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart have signed on to play a couple in the action comedy American Ultra. Eisenberg’s stoner character Mike becomes the unwitting target of a government operation, disrupting his small-town life with his girlfriend, Phoebe (Stewart). Project X helmer Nima Nourizadeh is set to direct from a script by Max Landis (Chronicle). [THR]
Tag: Annette Bening (1-10 of 11)
• Magic Mike star Channing Tatum is in early talks to produce and star in Bad Romance for writer and director Jonathan Levine (50/50). No details about the plot were revealed. Tatum can be seen next in Bennett Miller’s Foxcatcher, recently bumped to a 2014 release, and 22 Jump Street. He also voices the part of Superman in The Lego Movie. [THR]
Don’t judge Imogene Duncan. If you were a lost, listless 30-something living at home with your estranged mother, of course you’d find yourself hopping into bed with your mom’s adorable 20-something boarder — especially if he happened to look exactly like Darren Criss.
The only downside: You’d then have to face the morning after, in which said parent — Annette Bening in full crazy Tiger Mom-mode — discovered the truth about your nocturnal activities. At least she reacts better than you’d think she would.
Kristen Wiig is no stranger to playing characters that are a bit of a mess.
And in her new film full of family dysfunction, Girl Most Likely, Wiig gets a chance to find the humor in some darkly comic situations. Wiig portrays Imogene, a once-promising playwright who now is in the middle of a nervous breakdown. Imogene finds herself in the custody of her wacky estranged mother (Annette Bening) and back to living at her mom’s house — which now has a few extra people in it, including Matt Dillon as the mom’s boyfriend as well as a cute young boarder played by Darren Criss.
Check out the new poster below: READ FULL STORY
The new trailer for Kristen Wiig’s summer comedy puts us in a dysfunctional but hilarious family situation. A playwright who once seemed destined for great things, Wiig’s character, Imogene, finds herself in the midst of a breakdown. When her harebrained mother (Annette Bening) comes to the hospital and reluctantly assumes custody of her as she recovers, antics ensue in Girl Most Likely.
A cross-generational comedy (with a trailer soundtrack featuring a song from Now — Icona Pop’s “I Don’t Care” and a song from Then — Blondie’s “Dreaming”) about moving home again, it doesn’t look completely original — but it’s Wiig’s Bridesmaids‘s follow-up and is directed by Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini, the duo that helmed American Splendor. Toss in some exciting faces — Darren Criss and Matt Dillon, who seems to be riffing off his There’s Something About Mary character – and the movie looks like a lot of raucous find-yourself-again fun.
The movie opens July 19. For now, check out the trailer here. READ FULL STORY
Remember that Kristen Wiig/Annette Bening comedy Imogene that we’ve all been waiting for? It’s finally nabbed a release date (July 19), and a new title — Girl Most Likely – Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions announced Thursday.
In Girl Most Likely, Wiig’s character, Imogene, is a playwright who hasn’t lived up to her potential. She gets dumped, fakes a suicide, and is forced to move home with her mother (Annette Bening), a gambling addict who lives on the Jersey shore where she meets a host of kooky characters while longing for her more glamorous New York life.
Casting Net: 'Iron Man 3' lands new villain. Plus: Kate Beckinsale, Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins, Annette Bening, Larry David, Jane Fonda
• Morgan Freeman is in talks to join the increasingly impressive cast of the older-men-on-a-bachelor-party-bender comedy Last Vegas, starring Michael Douglas and Robert DeNiro. [Deadline]
• Helena Bonham Carter and Kathy Bates have joined The Young and Prodigious Spivet, an English-language coming-of-age road film from Amélie director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, about a precocious 12-year-old boy (Kyle Catlett) en route from Montana to the Smithsonian Museum. Jeunet cowrote the script with regular collaborator Guillaume Laurant. [Variety]
• Larry David is in talks to star and Greg Mottola (Superbad) is in talks to direct an untitled comedy. Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm scribes Alec Berg, David Mandel, and Jeff Schaffer penned the screenplay, but the film will reportedly be partially improvised. [THR]
Check out project news for Anthony Hopkins, Annette Bening, Kate Beckinsale, Nick Nolte, Jane Fonda, Joel Edgerton, John Cusack, Max Greenfield below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Scandal' scores its highest-rated season finale
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…