Marvel unveiled three props from Avengers: Age of Ultron at their Comic-Con booth over the weekend—now you just have to guess what the props are.
Tag: Avengers (1-7 of 7)
Do the stars of X-Men: Days of Future Past want to see a crossover with the Avengers? That’s one of the questions James McAvoy, Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman field in their SiriusXM Town Hall hosted by Jess Cagle (premiering May 23 at 7 p.m. ET on EW Radio). Because you really need to see McAvoy’s answer to get the full effect, you’ll want to watch the sneak peek below.
He likens the situation to a boxing match — if the audience interest is there, someone’s going to make it happen. “I would like to see us fight them, though. I’d like us not to team up. I’d like to see us fight them and, you know, annihilate them, as we surely would,” he says, laughing. “Be like, ‘Hey, Robert Downey. Oh, here you go. There’s your ass.’ ‘Sorry, I’ve got a bunch of asses in my hand. I think they belong to you Avengers?'”
In the second clip, McAvoy steals the scene again by massaging Stewart and punching Jackman. Enjoy. READ FULL STORY
Avengers: Age of Ultron has its psycho robot.
James Spader has signed on to play the villain in writer-director Joss Whedon’s upcoming superhero sequel, Marvel announced today. READ FULL STORY
Chris Hemsworth was still filming The Avengers when made an audition tape for the role of British Formula One driver James Hunt in Rush. The tape impressed Rush director Ron Howard and the film’s writer-producer Peter Morgan, but the pair had one major concern. As Hemsworth was still filming The Avengers he had the musclebound physique of Thor rather than that of the lithe Hunt. “He had the right look, assuming he could lose the weight,” says Howard. “Chris said, ‘Thor can’t even get in an F1 car — but I will be able to.'”
Get ready for Marvel’s Phase One, take two.
The comic book studio’s 10-disc, 6-movie box set of films, spanning from 2008’s Iron Man to last May’s The Avengers, was put on hold in September due to a lawsuit over its suitcase packaging but now the collectors package (featuring a different case, but the same glowing Tesseract cube) is heading back into stores.
The Blu-ray set will go back on pre-sale later today, for release on April 2, and EW has learned the exclusive details about some of its new components.
Marvel used the downtime to add a showcase of the studio’s upcoming Phase Two slate of movies to Marvel’s Cinematic Universe: Phase One.
And the set will also include deleted scenes from each of the past films, such as this variation on the ending to Thor, with a rooftop Natalie Portman sending out the most long-distance “I miss you” message in history.
Last September, with The Avengers already underway, Marvel Studios revealed it was developing plans to bring together a new team.
“There is an opportunity to do a big space epic, which Thor sort of hints at in the cosmic side of the universe, with characters in a property called Guardians of the Galaxy,” Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige told EW last year.
They’d already been laboring to create “The Big Idea,” which was company slang for the long slate of connected movies culminating in this May’s The Avengers.
With Guardians, they’re looking beyond Earth for their heroes. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Grey's Anatomy' sneak peek: Meredith and Maggie go toe-to-toe
- 'Walking Dead': Get up to speed in 60 seconds
- Rory Gilmore Reading Project creator to dive into all 338 books named on series; 7 he's liked so far
- 'Big Bang Theory' recap: 7 favorite laugh lines
- 'Castle' season premiere: Your take on 'Driven'?
- 'Castle' boss tips us off to 5 things to look for this season
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'Gotham'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more recaps
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on chat with Lorne Michaels about Pete Davidson ('By the way, do you want to host?')
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' season 7 premiere recap: Where in the world is Richard Castle?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Raining on prom night
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Mythbusters': Discovery responds to fan outrage over dumping Kari Byron