Tag: Awards Shows (41-50 of 65)
The Joel McHale-hosted indie film kudosfest — which took place this afternoon in Santa Monica, Calif. — will be broadcast tonight at 10 p.m. on IFC. Black Swan won all four of its nominations, including Best Feature, beating out Winter’s Bone, The Kids Are All Right, 127 Hours, and Greenberg. John Hawkes and Dale Dickey — both from Winter’s Bone – won the supporting male and female trophies, respectively. The full list of winners: READ FULL STORYBlack Swan‘s Natalie Portman and Oscar nominee (and host) James Franco walked away with the top acting honors at the 2011 Film Independent’s Spirit Awards.
Paul Rudd, Zoe Saldana, Jesse Eisenberg, Mia Wasikowska to present at Indie Spirit Awards -- EXCLUSIVE
Paul Rudd, Zoe Saldana, Jesse Eisenberg, and Mia Wasikowska will present at this year’s Film Independent Spirit Awards, EW can exclusively report. The actors are the first presenters announced for the Indie Spirits, which will be held the afternoon of Saturday, Feb. 26 in Santa Monica, Calif., and air at 10 p.m. ET on IFC. Comedian Joel McHale is hosting.
Last night The King’s Speech took home the top prize at the DGA awards, and tonight it was the Screen Actors Guild’s turn to reward the film with its top honor. The rest of the winners below:
Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
The King’s Speech
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
Colin Firth, The King’s Speech
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
Christian Bale, The Fighter
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
Melissa Leo, The Fighter
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series
Betty White, Hot in Cleveland
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries
Al Pacino, You Don’t Know Jack
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries
Claire Danes, Temple Grandin
Screen Actors Guild Awards 47th Annual Life Achievement Award
The Oscar race continues to be a tight one, with Tom Hooper being awarded the Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film for The King’s Speech at the 63rd annual Director Guild of America Awards, a prize considered to be an excellent prognosticator for who will win the Best Director Academy award.
Other winners included:
Drama Series: Martin Scorsese, Boardwalk Empire
Comedy Series: Michael Spiller, Modern Family
Documentary: Charles Ferguson, Inside Job
Jon Hamm, Nicole Kidman, Jeremy Renner, and Sofia Vergara, who each has been nominated for a guild acting trophy this year, will be presenters at Sunday night’s 17th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards. Jason Bateman and Robin Wright will also present awards during the ceremony, which will air live on TNT and TBS at 8 p.m. ET.
SAG seating assignments: Who’s sitting where?
Screen Actors Guild Awards on EW’s Must List
Awards Season Calendar 2011: See it here!
SAG Awards give ‘True Grit’ stars some love: A look at Oscar implications
SAG’s TV nominations: What did they miss?
SAG Awards: ‘Modern Family’ and Betty White(!) nab honors
Oscar predictions: Post-SAG rankings
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- AMAs 2013 flashback: See how we graded last year's performances
- AMAs 2013 flashback: What the stars wore--and how we sized up their style
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Times Change: 'Jurassic World' teases with three homages to Steven Spielberg's original
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- Box office report: 'The Hunger Games' wins the weekend (and the year)