• Oscar winner Ben Kingsley will provide the voice of panther Bagheera in Disney’s upcoming film adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book. The movie, directed by Jon Favreau (Iron Man), will be a combination of live-action and animation with a script by Justin Marks. Kingsley joins previously announced stars Idris Elba (Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom), Scarlett Johansson (Her), and Lupita Nyong’o (12 Years A Slave) as the voices of Shere Khan, Kaa, and Rakcha, respectively, for a scheduled Oct. 9, 2015, release. [THR] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Ben Kingsley (1-10 of 22)
Get ready for trolls! The big mythical beings get a makeover as sweet and stout creatures in the newly released trailer for the stop-motion, animated adventure film The Boxtrolls.
In the trailer, viewers can get a glimpse at the underground mechanics and high-flying action of the trolls, as well as the extreme love of cheese by Cheesebridge’s townspeople, all of which is portrayed in a unique, eye-catching animated style. Based on the children’s novel Here Be Monsters by Alan Snow, The Boxtrolls tells the story of a young orphaned boy, Eggs (Isaac Hemstead Wright), who is raised by underground, cave-dwelling trolls.
The townspeople of Cheesebridge believe the trolls to be monsters who are out to steal its children and fine cheeses, when in reality, the trolls are sweet oddballs — who wear boxes, hence the title — interested in dumpster diving and mechanical junk collecting. When Archibald Snatcher (Ben Kingsley), an evil exterminator, is out to get the trolls in order to enter the high society of Cheesebrige, Eggs and his friend Winnie (Elle Fanning) must come to the defense of his adopted family.
Can’t wait until The Boxtrolls‘ Sept. 26 release date? Check out the trailer, and its adorable trolls, here: READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Jude Law to play a literary 'Genius' opposite Colin Firth; Plus Ben Kingsley, Chace Crawford, more
• Jude Law (Sherlock Holmes) will join Oscar winners Colin Firth (The King’s Speech) and Nicole Kidman (The Hours) in theater director Michael Grandage’s film debut Genius. The film recounts the complex friendship between renowned editor Max Perkins (Firth) and literary giant Thomas Wolfe (Law) and is based on A. Scott Berg’s biography of Perkins, adapted for the screen by John Logan (The Aviator). [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
At Marvel's 'All Hail The King' premiere, fans also get first 10 minutes of 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'
Superhero fans were out in full force Monday night as Hollywood’s Arclight theater played host to a special premiere screening of Marvel’s latest one-shot, All Hail the King, starring Ben Kingsley, who reprised his role as Iron Man 3’s Trevor Slattery for the 13-minute short.
EW senior movies writer Anthony Breznican moderated the event, which also included a brief Q&A with Sir Ben Kingsley, screenwriter Drew Pearce, and producer Kevin Feige. The surprise of the night, however, came at the end when fans were treated to a very special screening of the first 10 minutes of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Read on for a recap of the Captain America: The Winter Soldier preview and to hear what Drew Pearce, Kevin Feige, and Ben Kingsley had to say about working on All Hail the King: READ FULL STORY
There’s just one more day before Marvel Studio’s new One-Shot short film All Hail the King breaks loose, unleashing Ben Kingsley’s character from Iron Man 3 back on the world.
As part of the debut on the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray, the comic book studio is has created this new poster for the 14-minute film, and is organizing a special fan event tonight. READ FULL STORY
• Meryl Streep (August: Osage County) is in talks to play political activist Emmeline Pankhurst in the upcoming women’s rights drama Suffragette, which also stars Inside Llewyn Davis‘ Cary Mulligan. Sarah Gavron (Brick Lane) will helm the drama about a woman named Maud (Mulligan) who becomes an instrumental figure to the early feminist movement. [The Wrap] READ FULL STORY
Kodi Smit-McPhee hopes to create a 'new nostalgia' in 'A Birder's Guide to Everything' -- EXCLUSIVE POSTER
At only 17, Kodi Smit-McPhee is probably best known for starring in somewhat macabre projects — from Let Me In to The Road, his precocious darkness and intense gaze seem to always be on display. Even ParaNorman‘s Norman Babcock was a bit of an outcast. Even though A Birder’s Guide to Everything isn’t exactly devoid of difficult emotional truths (and OK, OK, a gawky high school kid obsessed with birding might still fit into “charmingly misunderstood outcast” territory), Smit-McPhee was thrilled to finally get to work with actors his own age.
“I was into the nostalgia of having a group again — a kid group like Goonies, Stand by Me, going on an adventure,” said Smit-McPhee. He’d never seen the River Phoenix coming-of-age pic till his co-star Alex Wolff introduced him to it during filming. Viewings quickly became an on-set ritual. “We used to go to each other’s rooms and watch the movie all the time. It was really fun,” he said.
READ FULL STORY
Marvel One-Shot: First Look at Ben Kingsley's Mandarin encore in 'All Hail the King' short film -- EXCLUSIVE
Beware, Iron Man 3 spoilers lie ahead …
Trevor Slattery is ready for an encore. But it’s not always good to be the king.
Marvel’s latest One-Shot short film is aimed at a loose end: Ben Kingsley’s dim-witted Mandarin impersonator from Iron Man 3, who has been locked away in a maximum security prison and is reveling in his newfound infamy. (It’s as close to fame as he’s ever gotten.)
The 14-minute film All Hail the King was written and directed by Iron Man 3 scribe Drew Pearce, and will be included on the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray, out Feb. 25. Entertainment Weekly has seen the movie and has the exclusive debut of four pictures from the short – plus details from Pearce about how it all came together.
The short is an epilogue to Iron Man 3 … but you could also see it as a possible prologue to Iron Man 4.
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' costars eagerly spill Andrew Lincoln's hairy secrets
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels' recaps
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Cressida, Gale among new character posters
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop to hit Manhattan in September
- 'Arrow' casts Rila Fukushima as Katana after Devon Aoki exit
- 'Outlander' author Diana Gabaldon visits 18th-century Scotland: First Look
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Sneak peek at season 10 DVD's gag reel
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos' (Updated)
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Meet the rebel army