Trey Parker and Matt Stone have built a nice little niche in pop culture for themselves, first with the still-ongoing Comedy Central-defining cartoon South Park and more recently with the smash success of The Book of Mormon, which is sort of like a version of South Park that even your mom loves. Now they’re planning to expand their empire by forming their own production company. In a press release, Parker and Stone announced the formation of Important Studios, a production company created in collaboration with the Raine Group, a self-described “boutique merchant bank.” Important Studios brings together all the Parker-Stone projects, and is valued at an estimated $300 million by The New York Times, largely because of South Park and The Book of Mormon, though surely those residuals from Baseketball helped a little bit. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Book of Mormon (1-2 of 2)
Josh Gad’s comedic star is on the rise both on and off the stage.
The Book of Mormon actor, funny and slovenly as missionary Elder Arnold Cunningham in the Tony-winning Broadway hit, has closed a deal alongside ScriptShark website exec Ryan Dixon to co-write the script for the Twins sequel Triplets, starring Eddie Murphy, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito, Universal Pictures confirmed to EW on Wednesday.
The movie from Universal and Montecito Picture Co. picks up from 1988’s so-campy-it’s-great comedy Twins that cast tall, buff Schwarzenegger and short, stout DeVito as unlikely twin brothers. In the sequel, Murphy will join as a third, previously unknown brother.
As for more hyphened roles, Gad will star in the NBC White House comedy 1600 Penn, which he co-created and is premiering midseason in December.
For more film news Follow @solvej_schou
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- 'Top Model' First Look: Pretty and twisted
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- TV recaps: 'Project Runway,' 'Big Brother'
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-5
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- STAHP in the name of love 967
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 465
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe 'Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- 'Big Brother' recap: Tell me about the rabbits, Caleb