Trey Parker and Matt Stone have built a nice little niche in pop culture for themselves, first with the still-ongoing Comedy Central-defining cartoon South Park and more recently with the smash success of The Book of Mormon, which is sort of like a version of South Park that even your mom loves. Now they’re planning to expand their empire by forming their own production company. In a press release, Parker and Stone announced the formation of Important Studios, a production company created in collaboration with the Raine Group, a self-described “boutique merchant bank.” Important Studios brings together all the Parker-Stone projects, and is valued at an estimated $300 million by The New York Times, largely because of South Park and The Book of Mormon, though surely those residuals from Baseketball helped a little bit. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Book of Mormon (1-2 of 2)
Josh Gad’s comedic star is on the rise both on and off the stage.
The Book of Mormon actor, funny and slovenly as missionary Elder Arnold Cunningham in the Tony-winning Broadway hit, has closed a deal alongside ScriptShark website exec Ryan Dixon to co-write the script for the Twins sequel Triplets, starring Eddie Murphy, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito, Universal Pictures confirmed to EW on Wednesday.
The movie from Universal and Montecito Picture Co. picks up from 1988’s so-campy-it’s-great comedy Twins that cast tall, buff Schwarzenegger and short, stout DeVito as unlikely twin brothers. In the sequel, Murphy will join as a third, previously unknown brother.
As for more hyphened roles, Gad will star in the NBC White House comedy 1600 Penn, which he co-created and is premiering midseason in December.
For more film news Follow @solvej_schou
Latest Videos in Movies
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Bet you didn't see THAT coming
- 'Hawaii Five-0' season premiere sneak peek: McGarrett and Danno go to therapy
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- 'Maze Runner': How big at the box office?
- 'Star Wars': It's the Millennium Falcon...and the Batmobile?
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Fox is finally making 'X-Men' spinoff 'Deadpool'
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, Jimmy Fallon face off in lip-sync battle