Trey Parker and Matt Stone have built a nice little niche in pop culture for themselves, first with the still-ongoing Comedy Central-defining cartoon South Park and more recently with the smash success of The Book of Mormon, which is sort of like a version of South Park that even your mom loves. Now they’re planning to expand their empire by forming their own production company. In a press release, Parker and Stone announced the formation of Important Studios, a production company created in collaboration with the Raine Group, a self-described “boutique merchant bank.” Important Studios brings together all the Parker-Stone projects, and is valued at an estimated $300 million by The New York Times, largely because of South Park and The Book of Mormon, though surely those residuals from Baseketball helped a little bit. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Book of Mormon (1-2 of 2)
Josh Gad’s comedic star is on the rise both on and off the stage.
The Book of Mormon actor, funny and slovenly as missionary Elder Arnold Cunningham in the Tony-winning Broadway hit, has closed a deal alongside ScriptShark website exec Ryan Dixon to co-write the script for the Twins sequel Triplets, starring Eddie Murphy, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito, Universal Pictures confirmed to EW on Wednesday.
The movie from Universal and Montecito Picture Co. picks up from 1988′s so-campy-it’s-great comedy Twins that cast tall, buff Schwarzenegger and short, stout DeVito as unlikely twin brothers. In the sequel, Murphy will join as a third, previously unknown brother.
As for more hyphened roles, Gad will star in the NBC White House comedy 1600 Penn, which he co-created and is premiering midseason in December.
For more film news Follow @solvej_schou
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Laura Prepon on 'Orange': 'Alex fits me like a glove'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty': Purr-plexed?
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- John Green set to talk 'Fault' at BookCon panel
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 590
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 475
- Slaves to Love 453
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 495
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers