Have you ever officiated at a zombie wedding? Of course you haven’t. But do you know who has? Bruce Campbell! The Evil Dead star and all-round horror icon recalls his lead role at some deliberately nightmarish nuptials in a new film, Doc of the Dead. Directed by Alexandre O. Philippe (The People vs. George Lucas), the documentary tracks the rise of the zombie phenomenon and, in addition to Campbell, features contributions from Shaun of the Dead actor-writer Simon Pegg, Walking Dead makeup overlord Greg Nicotero, and George A. Romero, among others. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bruce Campbell (1-3 of 3)
Sony Pictures rolled out a preview of some of their most anticipated spring and summer films Saturday at WonderCon: the film adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series, the Sam Raimi produced Evil Dead update, and the apocalyptic buddy comedy This is the End. Moderated by EW’s own Dalton Ross, the clips were bloody, the panels lively, and the audience invested.
Check out some of the highlights from each of the films below. Just a quick warning, though: There are a few spoilers for Evil Dead and This is the End.
The Project: The Evil Dead, the remake of the low-budget Saim Raimi gorefest which kickstarted one of the great cult-film horror franchises.
The Panel: Star Jane Levy, director Fede Alvarez, and Bruce Campbell, star of the original Evil Dead trilogy and de facto mascot of all things Comic-Con. Moderated by Entertainment Weekly‘s resident playboy Dalton Ross.
Footage Screened: An extended and extremely gory trailer for the remake debuted in front of a crowd. The beats of the film are familiar: A group of young people go into a remote cabin. But the trailer quickly descends into extremely visceral violence. Some of it looks familiar, including the saw-assisted removal of a demonic hand and a frisky tree. Some of it is all new: The trailer ended with one of the female characters cutting into her own mouth with what appeared to be a box cutter. Aesthetic-wise, it looks like they’re going for something in the neighborhood of “an orgy of bloodshed.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL': How'd Lena Dunham do?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- TV pilot season: 10 trends for fall
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Box office update: '300: Rise of an Empire' obliterates competition with a $17.7 million Friday