Have you ever officiated at a zombie wedding? Of course you haven’t. But do you know who has? Bruce Campbell! The Evil Dead star and all-round horror icon recalls his lead role at some deliberately nightmarish nuptials in a new film, Doc of the Dead. Directed by Alexandre O. Philippe (The People vs. George Lucas), the documentary tracks the rise of the zombie phenomenon and, in addition to Campbell, features contributions from Shaun of the Dead actor-writer Simon Pegg, Walking Dead makeup overlord Greg Nicotero, and George A. Romero, among others. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bruce Campbell (1-3 of 3)
Sony Pictures rolled out a preview of some of their most anticipated spring and summer films Saturday at WonderCon: the film adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series, the Sam Raimi produced Evil Dead update, and the apocalyptic buddy comedy This is the End. Moderated by EW’s own Dalton Ross, the clips were bloody, the panels lively, and the audience invested.
Check out some of the highlights from each of the films below. Just a quick warning, though: There are a few spoilers for Evil Dead and This is the End.
The Project: The Evil Dead, the remake of the low-budget Saim Raimi gorefest which kickstarted one of the great cult-film horror franchises.
The Panel: Star Jane Levy, director Fede Alvarez, and Bruce Campbell, star of the original Evil Dead trilogy and de facto mascot of all things Comic-Con. Moderated by Entertainment Weekly‘s resident playboy Dalton Ross.
Footage Screened: An extended and extremely gory trailer for the remake debuted in front of a crowd. The beats of the film are familiar: A group of young people go into a remote cabin. But the trailer quickly descends into extremely visceral violence. Some of it looks familiar, including the saw-assisted removal of a demonic hand and a frisky tree. Some of it is all new: The trailer ended with one of the female characters cutting into her own mouth with what appeared to be a box cutter. Aesthetic-wise, it looks like they’re going for something in the neighborhood of “an orgy of bloodshed.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder talk 'Vampire Diaries': 'Eerily deceiving and odd' grief
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 503
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles