• Michael B. Jordan, who broke out this year with his role in the critical favorite Fruitvale Station, is reportedly being eyed for a role in the sequel to 1996′s Independence Day, ID Forever Part 1, which takes place 20 years after the first film. Currently on the schedule for a July 3, 2015 release, the Roland Emmerich-directed sequel will likely find Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman reprising their roles from the original. [The Wrap]
Tag: Bryce Dallas Howard (1-2 of 2)
It’s that time of year, when the Academy starts rolling out their initial lists of films in the running for February’s Oscars. Earlier today, they unveiled the finalists for the visual effects award, a list featuring some of this year’s most costly movies. Now the Academy has released some contenders who most certainly will be the lowest-budget films among this year’s Oscar-hopefuls: the live action shorts.
Members of the Academy’s Short Films and Feature Animation Branch have narrowed down a list of 125 qualifying shorts to a group of 11 shortlisted films. The next cut is in January, when the Academy announces a list of three to five nominees in the category.
For the first time ever, the shortlist boasts 11 films instead of ten, due to a tie in the balloting. The films come from several different countries, including Afghanistan, Canada, Belgium and Brazil.
Most of these films were made by filmmakers unknown to the majority of movie-goers, but there is one title that stands out thanks to the names attached: when you find me, executive produced by two-time Oscar winner Ron Howard and directed by his daughter, actress Bryce Dallas Howard. The film was inspired by Canon’s multi-platform “Long Live Imagination” campaign.
Absent from this list are any films that qualified via the Student Academy Awards, which supplied the 2011 winner, God of Love, and two of last year’s nominees, Norwegian film Tuba Atlantic and German-Indian short Raju.
Here is the shortlist for this year’s live action category: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' recap: The Man Who Could Not Stand Still
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Man Under the Hood'
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'Vampire Diaries': Paul Wesley nixes shirtless Stefan
- 'Dawson's Creek': Kevin Williamson on how it ended
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- Kevin Williamson looks back at the 'Dawson's Creek' series finale: The art of saying goodbye