• Mad Men and Community’s Alison Brie has signed on to play Will Ferrell’s fiancee in the Warner Bros. comedy Get Hard. Ferrell stars as an investment banker who is facing prison time and decides to enlist his car washer, played by Kevin Hart (Ride Along), to prepare him for life behind bars. Tropic Thunder co-scribe Etan Cohen is directing the pic for a March 27, 2015 release. Brie can be seen in theaters next in the comedy Search Party (out Sept. 12) alongside Krysten Ritter and Adam Pally. [Deadline]
Tag: Casting Net (21-30 of 436)
• The Great Gatsby star Joel Edgerton will star opposite Twilight‘s Robert Pattinson and Kill Your Darling‘s Dane DeHaan in upcoming period drama, Life. Anton Corbijn (The American) will direct the film, which centers around the real life friendship that blossomed between photographer Dennis Stock (Pattinson) and actor James Dean (DeHaan) when Stock was commissioned to photograph the iconic movie star for Life magazine in 1955. Edgerton will portray Magnum Photography editor John Morris, the man who brokered the deal for the photographs with Life. [Variety]
READ FULL STORY
• Guy Pearce (Iron Man 3) is currently in talks to star opposite Johnny Depp (Transcendence) in Warner Bros. upcoming crime drama, Black Mass. The film tells the story of famed Boston mob boss and FBI informant, Whitey Bulger (Depp), who uses his double status as a way of picking off any criminal competition. Pearce is currently in talks to play Bulger’s brother on the project which is being produced by Warner Bros. and Cross Creek. [Variety]
READ FULL STORY
• Helena Bonham Carter is in final negotiations to reprise her role as the Red Queen in Through the Looking Glass, Disney’s follow-up to 2010′s box office sensation Alice in Wonderland. Johnny Depp and Mia Wasikowska are also returning as the Mad Hatter and Alice in the James Bobin-directed sequel set for a May 27, 2016 release. [Variety]
Casting Net: Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx in talks for 'Black Phantom'; Plus, Jason Sudeikis, Dr. Doom rumors
• Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx are in talks to star in Black Phantom, a Screen Gems hitman pic. Ride Along‘s Tim Story is in talks to direct the film about a hitman reeling from a recent betrayal who hires the guy who was hired to kill him for help. Foxx can be seen next in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (out May 2). Hart’s Think Like a Man Too (also directed by Story) is out June 20. [Variety] READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio drops out of 'The Deep Blue Good-by'; Plus, Thomas Kretschmann's Marvel deal, more
• Leonardo DiCaprio is no longer attached to star as the scrappy Florida beach bum Travis McGee in the big-screen adaptation of John D. MacDonald‘s The Deep Blue Good-by (the first in a 21-book series). Though it was being developed for DiCaprio, who earned an Academy nod for his performance in The Wolf of Wall Street, the actor decided to exit due to scheduling conflicts. Still, the project does seem to be moving forward for 20th Century Fox: It was just announced that Wolverine‘s James Mangold is in negotiations to direct, and Mystic River‘s Dennis Lehane penned the most recent draft of the script. DiCaprio’s Appian Way will still produce the project as well. Sound off in the comments if you have any ideas about who should play McGee in Leo’s absence. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
Jurassic World, Universal’s highly anticipated new installment in the Jurassic Park franchise, has just added a new castmember: Vincent D’Onofrio (Men in Black) will play the villain in the film.
Directed by Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed) and due June 12, 2015, World also stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. Park and The Lost World director Steven Spielberg is also on board as a producer.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- 'View': Seating chart for a peaceful co-host reunion
- Tribeca Film Fest: 13 must-see premieres
- 'Voice': Top 12 Power List
- Kiera Cass' 'The One': New trailer
- Best summer blockbusters: Ah-nold at No. 10
- 'Orphan Black': How Sarah became British
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Heroes Reborn: Digital Series' launching in conjunction with reboot
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene