• Amy Poehler, Tina Fey’s longtime friend, occasional co-star (Baby Mama, Mean Girls), one-time co-EW guest editor, and consistent Golden Globes co-host (and, you know, general star and force in her own right) is in final negotiations to join The Nest. She’d play Fey’s sister in the Paula Pell-scripted comedy that Pitch Perfect’s Jason Moore is set to direct. [The Wrap]
Tag: Casting (61-70 of 976)
• The original Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Noomi Rapace, will star as a CIA Agent in Unlocked. Mikael Hafstrom (Escape Plan) is set to direct the thriller, in which Rapace’s character gets tricked into supplying info to the wrong side and ends up at the center of a potentially devastating biological attack on London. Peter O’Brien‘s 2008 Black List script was recently let go from Warner Bros. (which picked it up in 2010) and is being produced as an indie. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
'Hunger Games' meets 'Game of Thrones': Gwendoline Christie replacing Lily Rabe in 'Mockingjay - Part 2'
Gwendoline Christie will be taking some of her warrior persona from Game of Thrones into the Hunger Games franchise with the news Friday that she will replace actress Lily Rabe as Commander Lyme in the final installment in the franchise: Mockingjay – Part 2.
American actress Rabe (American Horror Story) had to drop out of the lucrative series due to a previous commitment to perform Much Ado about Nothing opposite Hamish Linklater at Shakespeare in the Park this summer in New York. READ FULL STORY
• Amy Adams (American Hustle) is in early talks to star in Story of Your Life, a sci-fi thriller based on a Ted Chiang short story about a linguist who is hired to determine whether the aliens who have just landed on Earth are a threat. During her communication with the visitors, she beings to experience visions that help her determine why they are there. Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners) will direct off of a script from Eric Heisserer (Final Destination 5). [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
• Ben Stiller is in talks to star in I Am Chippendales, the true story of the fraught ascent of the male stripper revue, based on Rodney Sheldon’s book. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty star would play Nicolas de Noia, a former choreographer who helped usher the show into the mainstream. The story will focus on founder Steve Banerjee. Alan Ball, best known for his work as an executive producer on shows like True Blood, Banshee, and Six Feet Under, will direct. [Variety] READ FULL STORY
The latest move in Shia LeBeouf’s quest to stop being famous appears to be pulling out of the all-star comedy Rock the Kasbah.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 27-year-old has amicably parted from the film, which is set to star Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Danny McBride, Zooey Deschanel, and Kate Hudson. Representatives for LaBeouf did not respond to EW’s requests for comment.
The Barry Levinson movie centers on an aging rock manager who travels to Afghanistan for a USO tour and winds up representing a young girl competing on a Middle Eastern version of American Idol. LaBeouf was to have a supporting role. READ FULL STORY
Newcomer Josh Wiggins stole scenes from the likes of Aaron Paul and Juliette Lewis in Kat Candler’s family drama Hellion after being plucked from YouTube obscurity.
Now, the 15-year-old Texas native is set for his first big, starring role in the family adventure Max. Inspired by true events, Max tells the story of a Belgian Shepherd working in Afghanistan alongside Marines. When his handler is killed, the man’s devastated family adopts the dog — erratic and still suffering from the traumas of war — who ends up bonding with and helping their troubled 14-year-old son, Justin (Wiggins). READ FULL STORY
• Mark Wahlberg revealed that he has a small part in William Monahan‘s Mojave, about a depressed, suicidal artist (Garrett Hedlund) who takes to the desert where he has a run-in with a homicidal drifter/doppelgänger (Oscar Isaac). Oscar winner Monahan wrote The Departed and The Gambler (upcoming), both of which feature Wahlberg. The specifics of Wahlberg’s Mojave role were not disclosed. [Collider] READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Meryl Streep attached to Diablo Cody, Jonathan Demme pic; Plus, Corey Stoll, Chris Pratt, more
• Meryl Streep is reportedly attached to star in Ricky and the Flash about a woman trying to repair her broken relationships with the family she abandoned to be a rock star decades earlier. Diablo Cody (Juno) penned the script and Jonathan Demme (Silence of the Lambs) is attached to direct. All are Oscar winners. According to the report, Universal and Fox 200 are interested in the movie. [The Wrap] READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Toronto Film Festival lineup announced
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- 'Wish I Was Here': Zach Braff tries to be a better man
- 5 Seconds of Summer: Boy band takes N.Y. on 'Today'
- 'Bachelorette' recap: 'The Men Tell All'
- 'Toy Story That Time Forgot': A Mike Mignola poster
- 'Teen Wolf' recap: 'I.E.D.'
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 624
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 504
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 420
- 'Lost cause' 354
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 285
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- J.K. Rowling plans to write more about Cormoran Strike than Harry Potter
- Kacy Catanzaro would happily hit the 'American Ninja Warrior' obstacle course with Stephen Amell
- Mark Ruffalo on the foe Hulk needs for a stand-alone movie