• Don’t Trust the B in Apt. 23 may be over, but lead actress and television veteran Krysten Ritter isn’t letting that get in the way of her career. She’s been cast in Tim Burton’s Big Eyes alongside Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz to play Margaret Keane’s (Adams) supportive friend. Ritter is currently filming the comedy Search Party with Alison Brie and Adam Pally. [Deadline]
Tag: Cinderella (1-4 of 4)
Casting Net: Drew Barrymore to reunite with Adam Sandler; Plus, Emma Watson will not be the next Cinderella, Jude Law, more
• Drew Barrymore is set to re-team with Adam Sandler for a new comedy about Jim and Lauren, who go on a blind date and then somehow get stuck at a resort with children from previous marriages. The two starred together in 1998′s delightful Wedding Singer and 2004′s could-have-been-worse 50 First Dates. Despite Sandler’s recent slate of films, Barrymore does have a solid track record of bringing some heart to his comedies, so we’ll remain cautiously optimistic about the still-untitled project. Frequent Sandler collaborator Frank Coraci (The Wedding Singer) will direct. [Variety]
• Lynne Ramsay’s Jane Got a Gun had some major casting shifts Tuesday. The highly anticipated Western stars Natalie Portman as Jane Hammond, who has no choice but to ask an ex-lover to help defend her farm from the gang out to kill her husband. Originally, Michael Fassbender was set to play Hammond’s ex, with Joel Edgerton as the villain. The latest news is that Fassbender has left the project, Edgerton will now play the ex-lover, and Jude Law (who starred with Portman in Closer) has stepped into the villain role. The X-Men: Days of Future Past shooting schedule is reportedly why Fassbender had to exit the project, but if you were really hoping to seeing him and Portman share the screen, you still have that Terrence Malick project to look forward to…assuming neither of them end up on the cutting room floor. [THR]
• Emma Watson might get the princess treatment in Kenneth Branagh’s live action adaptation of Cinderella for Disney. Cate Blanchett has already been cast as the wicked stepmother. Watson is only in early talks at this point, so although it seems like the shoe fits, it might be best not to get too attached to the idea of her as Cinderella. [Variety]
• Gary Oldman has signed on to join the cast of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, to play Dreyfus – the leader of the resistance efforts. EW previously reported Jason Clarke‘s (Zero Dark Thirty) casting and the news that Andy Serkis will reprise his role as Caesar, the leader of the apes. Oldman is also currently working on the RoboCop remake and Paranoia. [Deadline]
Cate Blanchett is in talks to play the Evil Stepmother in Disney’s live-action Cinderella movie. Entertainment Weekly has confirmed a report from The Wrap that the Oscar-winner is poised to star as the cruel widow who favors her own two selfish daughters over her beautiful stepdaughter, Cinderella. No one else has been cast yet, but Mark Romanek (Never Let Me Go) is directing a revised script from Chris Weitz (About a Boy).
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?