• Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan) and Peter Sarsgaard (Blue Jasmine) are in talks to star in the Bobby Fischer film Pawn Sacrifice, starring Tobey Maguire as the chess genius. Ed Zwick (Love & Other Drugs, Blood Diamond) is set to direct the movie about Fischer’s historic match against Russian chess champion Boris Spassky (Schreiber). Sarsgaard would take on the role of a priest who helps Fischer get through the trying time. [THR]
Tag: Common (1-2 of 2)
In LUV, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival a year ago and comes out in theaters Jan. 18, Common plays a man both tough and tender.
As Vincent, the reformed ex-con former drug dealer uncle of 11-year-old Baltimore orphan Woody, played by Michael Rainey Jr., Common navigates the ghosts of a past filled with crime and violence, with Woody coming along for the ride.
Check out this exclusive clip from the film, below, in which the rapper-actor and Rainey Jr. — wearing spiffy suits — visit Danny Glover’s character, a meeting both laugh-filled and intense. Glover, at one point, jokingly calls Woody “little Barack.” EW talked to Common about working with Glover and Rainey Jr., made even more special since he doesn’t have a son himself, what it’s like to watch violence on-screen, and his excitement about continuing AMC’s Hell on Wheels with Anson Mount for a third season.
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Community' back 'probably sometime after Christmas'
- Rick Yancey's 'The Infinite Sea': Read an excerpt
- Cosplay at Comic-Con '14: Day 1
- 'Community': Im-posters for 9 signature episodes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'The Flash': Comic-Con's verdict?
- Wonder Woman: 13 looks since '42