In this directorial debut from E.L. Katz, Healy plays a freshly fired family man named Craig who, together with an old acquaintance portrayed by Ethan Embry, is convinced to undertake ever crazier challenges for money by a rich couple (David Koechner and Sara Paxton). We don’t want to say too much more but we can confirm that Healy’s character undergoes all manner of mental and physical trials, including getting a bloody nose as the film’s poster clearly shows (see above). READ FULL STORY
Tag: David Koechner (1-4 of 4)
Everyone loves Ron Burgundy. But somebody loves him a little bit more than others. That person is Champ Kind, the sexist, possibly closeted sports reporter who came up through the ranks with Burgundy and the Channel 4 news team. In Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, Champ’s devotion to Burgundy is a big part of the reason he quits his job running a fast-food chicken restaurant and gets back in the news business at GNN, the first 24-hour cable news station.
The man behind Champ’s boisterous antics is David Koechner (KECK-ner), the 51-year-old father of five who formed a comic bond with Will Ferrell and writer Adam McKay during his one-year stint on Saturday Night Live in the mid-1990s. Since then, he’s popped up in most of their funniest movies, and his hilarious cameo in The 40-Year-Old Virgin opposite Steve Carell helped him land the role of The Office‘s Todd Packer, a character Koechner affectionately describes as an “emotional hand grenade.”
Koechner spoke to EW about the new Anchorman movie, how it compares to the Godfather II, and the amazing number of great jokes that ended up on the cutting-room floor (for now). BEWARE MINOR SPOILERS.
READ FULL STORY
Sixty percent of the time, this trailer works every time.
It has many leather-bound books, and it smells of rich mahogany.
It ate the whole wheel of cheese. (Heck, you’re not even mad — that’s amazing!)
It would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.
In short: It’s kind of a big deal. And so, without further ado — little Ham ‘n Eggs comin’ at ya! Hold on, people, hope you got your griddles…
Get ready for more bad hair, mustaches, funky leisure suits, and laughs.
Paramount Pictures has set the theater release date for the sequel to 2004’s Anchorman for Dec. 20, 2013.
Will Ferrell will be back as deep-voiced newsman Ron Burgundy, along with Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, and David Koechner in the comedy directed by script co-writer Adam McKay. McKay has hinted that the sequel will have whole song sequences, and we can only imagine Ferrell’s thick Burgundy mustache fluttering in the breeze during a diva number backed by the Channel 4 News gang.
For more film news Follow @solvej_schou
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': About that ending and other spoiler-y Q's
- 'Doctor Who': 3 sneak peek pics from new episodes
- Wrestlers in movies: Best/worst performances
- Comic-Con '14: 20 bonus star portraits
- 12 who gained/lost weight for a role
- 'Supernatural,' 'Teen Wolf,' 'Mindy,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Anson Mount in 'The Breakfast Club': An EW Radio mini-production
- When A$AP Rocky went to NSFW Kathy's house...
- STAHP in the name of love 980
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 534
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 463
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Comic-Con '14 Star Portraits: Day 3
- Chris Pratt talks end of 'Parks and Recreation': 'I think people are ready for it to be done'
- Comic-Con '14: 20 Bonus Star Portraits