Director David Yates shepherded the Harry Potter franchise through its final four installments. Now, one year after the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows–Part 2, Yates has nailed down his next project: A new film about Tarzan, Edgar Rice Burroughs’ ferocious tree-swinging wild man. A source close to the production has confirmed the initial report by Vulture that Yates is onboard to helm the new Tarzan. The character has a long cinematic history, from the silent movies through the Johnny Weissmuller era all the way to Disney’s animated Tarzan in 1999. David Yates’ Tarzan film comes fromWarner Bros, which also produced the Potter series. READ FULL STORY
Tag: David Yates (1-1 of 1)
- 'Beyonce': EW music review
- 'SNL' ready: Clips of 11 funny black women
- 12 signs you're watching a Coen brothers pic
- Tina + Amy: Golden Globes plans so far?
- 'My Little Pony' sneak peek: Cutie Mark Crusaders!
- 'Spider-Man' spin-offs: Heroes and villains
- 'Normal Heart': First Look photo
- 'Once Upon a Time' preview: 'Peter Pan never fails'
- Golden Globes: Alfonso Cuaron on his bumpy 'Gravity' journey and the inaccuracy you never noticed
- Disney Channel plans original movie 'Descendants,' featuring teenage kids of classic villains
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: Stand Up and Take It
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler reveal 'Star Wars VII' roles; J.J. Abrams responds
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Devil Came In'