Last night a bunch of Texas filmmakers and lovers raised a glass in honor of home state greats like Annette O’Toole, Stephen Tobolowsky, Henry Thomas and Robin Wright. But the highlight of the evening was when Richard Linklater and some reunited cast members from the 1993 classic celebration of dumb, enviable teenage fun, Dazed and Confused, won their own Hall of Fame Award. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Dazed and Confused (1-2 of 2)
After nabbing a second Oscar for his revisionist cowboys-and-slaveowners flick Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino is heading west — southwest, that is.
Tarantino’s jetting off to Austin, Tex. next week, where he’ll present the Star of Texas Award to Richard Linklater’s Dazed and Confused. The coming of age comedy — both filmed and set in Austin — is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Tarantino has long been a fan of the movie, even naming it his 10th favorite film of all time in a 2002 Sight and Sound poll.
The Star of Texas presentation will occur during this year’s 13th annual Texas Film Hall of Fame Awards, which celebrates the Lone Star State’s film industry and benefits the Austin Film Society; actors Annette O’Toole, Henry Thomas, Steven Toblowsky, and Robin Wright will be honored this year as well. The ceremony will be held March 7, just one day before Austin’s South by Southwest film and music festival begins. Expect to see a lot of cool dudes and hip, hip ladies there.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'Stalker' series premiere: Giving us the creeps
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 506
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Elsa puts Storybrooke on lockdown
- 'Vampire Diaries': Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev talk Damon and Elena
- Zach Galifianakis rips January Jones: 'Everybody's going to forget about you in a few years'
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles