Last night a bunch of Texas filmmakers and lovers raised a glass in honor of home state greats like Annette O’Toole, Stephen Tobolowsky, Henry Thomas and Robin Wright. But the highlight of the evening was when Richard Linklater and some reunited cast members from the 1993 classic celebration of dumb, enviable teenage fun, Dazed and Confused, won their own Hall of Fame Award. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Dazed and Confused (1-2 of 2)
After nabbing a second Oscar for his revisionist cowboys-and-slaveowners flick Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino is heading west — southwest, that is.
Tarantino’s jetting off to Austin, Tex. next week, where he’ll present the Star of Texas Award to Richard Linklater’s Dazed and Confused. The coming of age comedy — both filmed and set in Austin — is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Tarantino has long been a fan of the movie, even naming it his 10th favorite film of all time in a 2002 Sight and Sound poll.
The Star of Texas presentation will occur during this year’s 13th annual Texas Film Hall of Fame Awards, which celebrates the Lone Star State’s film industry and benefits the Austin Film Society; actors Annette O’Toole, Henry Thomas, Steven Toblowsky, and Robin Wright will be honored this year as well. The ceremony will be held March 7, just one day before Austin’s South by Southwest film and music festival begins. Expect to see a lot of cool dudes and hip, hip ladies there.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': About that ending and other spoiler-y Q's
- 'Sons of Anarchy' unveils haunting final season art
- 'Once Upon a Time': Let's guess what's up in first 'Frozen' photos
- 12 who gained/lost weight for a role
- 'Supernatural,' 'Teen Wolf,' 'Mindy,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Wrestlers in movies: Best/worst performances
- Comic-Con '14: 20 bonus star portraits
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- STAHP in the name of love 982
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 560
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 467
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 597
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' ending: Who was that? And other spoiler-y questions
- Photos: 'Once Upon a Time' reveals Elsa, Kristoff, and obviously the reindeer
- On the Books: HarperCollins to cut offending passage from 'American Sniper'
- Worth the Weight? 12 Radical Physical Transformations for a Role
- Spoiler Room is back! Get scoop on 'Supernatural,' 'Teen Wolf', more