Like Something’s Gotta Give and As Good as It Gets, And So it Goes comes straight from the senior rom-com title blender. But the most crucial element of this trailer for the romantic comedy, starring Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton, is this phrase: “From the Director of The Bucket List.” This is another AARP-empowerment tale starring some of your parents’ favorite actors — and though it might not draw the attention of the under-30 crowd, it’s one of those movies that might make you wake up one day in August and say, “Whoa. When did And So It Goes get to $75 million?” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Diane Keaton (1-6 of 6)
EW is inside all the Golden Globes parties tonight. Check out our reports from inside all the carousing and celebrating. Check back often for updates and follow us on Twitter at #EWglobes.
READ FULL STORY
Woody Allen has never been one for awards shows, or Los Angeles for that matter. When the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced their plans to honor the prolific filmmaker with the 2014 Cecil B. DeMille Award at this year’s Golden Globes ceremony, the big question was whether or not Allen would turn out to accept it.
In a move that’s perfectly suited for his and co-star Diane Keaton’s Annie Hall alter egos, Keaton has agreed to accept the Award at the 71st Golden Globes on behalf of her onetime partner, and longtime friend, director, and co-star, EW confirmed Tuesday. Annie always liked Los Angeles more than Alvy after all.
• Magic Mike star Channing Tatum is in early talks to produce and star in Bad Romance for writer and director Jonathan Levine (50/50). No details about the plot were revealed. Tatum can be seen next in Bennett Miller’s Foxcatcher, recently bumped to a 2014 release, and 22 Jump Street. He also voices the part of Superman in The Lego Movie. [THR]
Casting Net: Shailene Woodley in talks for YA novel adaptation 'Divergent.' Plus: Michael Douglas, Diane Keaton, Ewan McGregor
• Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton are attached to the comedy And So It Goes…, about a realtor (Douglas) who leans on his neighbor (Keaton) when he finds himself dealing with a granddaughter he didn’t know he had. P.J. Hogan (Confessions of a Shopaholic, My Best Friend’s Wedding) is directing from a script by Mark Andrus (Georgia Rule, As Good As It Gets). [Deadline]
• Ewan McGregor has signed on and Kate Hudson is in talks for the romantic comedy Born to be King, about a Hollywood extra (McGregor) who happens to look a great deal like a movie star at odds with his leading lady (Hudson). Actor Peter Capaldi (In the Loop) is directing from his screenplay. [Variety]
• Shirley MacLaine is in early talks to costar with Melissa McCarthy in Tammy, about an ex-fast food worker who ends up on a road trip with her irascible grandmother. McCarthy co-wrote the screenplay with her husband (and Bridesmaids costar) Ben Falcone. No director is currently attached. [THR]
Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Martin Sheen pair up for Sept. 11 drama. Plus: Elizabeth Banks, Diane Kruger, Willem Dafoe
Casting Net: Robert Pattinson set for ‘Hold On to Me.’ Plus: Tyler Perry, Amy Adams, Tom Hardy
Casting Net: Christoph Waltz will play Gorbachev to Michael Douglas’s Reagan. Plus: Jim Carrey, Mike Epps, Jai Courtney
super demure and sweet. But I really wanted to be.”
Stone also credited Beetlejuice‘s ghoul-loving Lydia (Winona Ryder) as a fashion inspiration and named Diane Keaton’s Annie Hall look as the movie costume she’d most like to wear. “I went as her for Halloween a couple years ago,” Stone says. “I was just like, ‘I want to wear this every day.'”
For more on Emma Stone’s movie inspirations, pick up a copy of the current issue of EW.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more