• Wolf of Wall Street co-stars and Oscar nominees Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill are reportedly set to re-team for an Atlanta Olympics bombing drama based on the 1997 Vanity Fair article “The Ballad of Richard Jewell.” Fox acquired the rights to the article and planned to develop it for Hill, who would play Jewell, the janitor who reported the suspicious bag and was subsequently accused of being a potential suspect in the bombing. DiCaprio would play the attorney at his side. [Deadline]
Tag: Diane Kruger (1-3 of 3)
We all know Abraham Lincoln as our 16th president, but what was his upbringing like? Director A.J. Edwards sheds some light on that topic in the Sundance film The Better Angels, starring newcomer Braydon Denney as young Abe, Diane Kruger (Inglourious Basterds) as his stepmom, Brit Marling (Another Earth) as his birth mother, and Wes Bentley (American Beauty) as his teacher.
Edward and his cast sat down with EW’s Anthony Breznican in Park City to talk about life before the iconic top hat.
READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Kristen Stewart aiming to 'Lie Down in Darkness.' Plus: Diane Kruger boards Terrence Malick's Lincoln biopic
• Abraham Lincoln is totally blowing up, you guys. Diane Kruger (Inglourious Basterds) has signed up for The Green Blade Rises, playing the 16th U.S. president’s influential stepmother Sarah, who married Lincoln’s father in 1819 after his biological mother Nancy died from an illness. The film, produced by auteur Terrence Malick and penned by first-time director A.J. Edwards (credited as an editor on Malick’s upcoming To the Wonder), spans three years in Lincoln’s childhood in rural southern Indiana. So the black-and-white film, which begins shooting this fall, won’t overlap with Steven Spielberg’s impending biopic Lincoln, which covers the man’s final four months; but it will overlap with a few of the events in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which had a much different suggestion for what killed Ma Lincoln. (Hint: It’s in the title.) (No, not hunters.) [Deadline]
Check out projects for MATTHEW McCONAUGHEY, WILL FERRELL, CHRIS PRATT, KYLE CHANDLER, MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD, BOB ODENKIRK, YASIIN BEY (A.K.A. MOS DEF), and OCTAVIA SPENCER below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Marvel has a 'Strange' feeling about Joaquin Phoenix
- 'Under the Dome' hasn't see the last of Britt Robertson as Angie
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...
- 'Boxtrolls' co-directors' Q&A: Why Ben Kingsley was 'recorded reclining backwards in a chair'
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead': New EW character portraits
- Brangelina: From 'Mr and Mrs. Smith' to Mr. and Mrs. Pitt
- 'Reign' season 2's first portrait features Mary, Francis, and Mary's legs
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: What is in that cage?!?
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Where did Sheldon go on the train?
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos' (Updated)
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan