Despite the age-old trend of real-life couples teaming up for films, actor/director Ryan Piers Williams insists that wife America Ferrera wasn’t the obvious choice as the lead for his film X/Y. READ FULL STORY
Tag: director (1-3 of 3)
Sam Mendes is taking a page from J.J. Abrams’s book.
No, the Oscar-winning director isn’t learning to embrace the lens flare. Instead, he’s aping the way Abrams officially signed on to direct a high-profile franchise extension earlier this year — despite denying his involvement in the project just months before.
The team behind James Bond’s 24th big-screen outing revealed today that Mendes will in fact direct their next film, the follow-up to his extraordinarily successful Skyfall.
The Fifty Shades of Grey movie just took a big step closer to becoming a reality: Sam Taylor-Johnson has signed on to direct the much-talked-about adaptation of E L James’ best-selling book. Taylor-Johnson is best known for her directorial debut, 2009’s Nowhere Boy, which starred her husband, Kick-Ass and Savages actor Aaron Johnson.
“I am excited to be charged with the evolution of Fifty Shades of Grey from page to screen,” Taylor-Johnson said in a statement announcing her involvement. “For the legions of fans, I want to say that I will honor the power of Erika’s book and the characters of Christian and Anastasia. They are under my skin too.”
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Jim Carrey hosts 'SNL': Tell us how the show looks to you as it airs
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending