Despite the age-old trend of real-life couples teaming up for films, actor/director Ryan Piers Williams insists that wife America Ferrera wasn’t the obvious choice as the lead for his film X/Y. READ FULL STORY
Tag: director (1-3 of 3)
Sam Mendes is taking a page from J.J. Abrams’s book.
No, the Oscar-winning director isn’t learning to embrace the lens flare. Instead, he’s aping the way Abrams officially signed on to direct a high-profile franchise extension earlier this year — despite denying his involvement in the project just months before.
The team behind James Bond’s 24th big-screen outing revealed today that Mendes will in fact direct their next film, the follow-up to his extraordinarily successful Skyfall.
The Fifty Shades of Grey movie just took a big step closer to becoming a reality: Sam Taylor-Johnson has signed on to direct the much-talked-about adaptation of E L James’ best-selling book. Taylor-Johnson is best known for her directorial debut, 2009’s Nowhere Boy, which starred her husband, Kick-Ass and Savages actor Aaron Johnson.
“I am excited to be charged with the evolution of Fifty Shades of Grey from page to screen,” Taylor-Johnson said in a statement announcing her involvement. “For the legions of fans, I want to say that I will honor the power of Erika’s book and the characters of Christian and Anastasia. They are under my skin too.”
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'Gotham'; 'Originals'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- Oscar de la Renta, fashion designer, dies at 82
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- Taylor Swift's 'Welcome to New York' sneaks out before midnight