Despite the age-old trend of real-life couples teaming up for films, actor/director Ryan Piers Williams insists that wife America Ferrera wasn’t the obvious choice as the lead for his film X/Y. READ FULL STORY
Tag: director (1-3 of 3)
Sam Mendes is taking a page from J.J. Abrams’s book.
No, the Oscar-winning director isn’t learning to embrace the lens flare. Instead, he’s aping the way Abrams officially signed on to direct a high-profile franchise extension earlier this year — despite denying his involvement in the project just months before.
The team behind James Bond’s 24th big-screen outing revealed today that Mendes will in fact direct their next film, the follow-up to his extraordinarily successful Skyfall.
The Fifty Shades of Grey movie just took a big step closer to becoming a reality: Sam Taylor-Johnson has signed on to direct the much-talked-about adaptation of E L James’ best-selling book. Taylor-Johnson is best known for her directorial debut, 2009′s Nowhere Boy, which starred her husband, Kick-Ass and Savages actor Aaron Johnson.
“I am excited to be charged with the evolution of Fifty Shades of Grey from page to screen,” Taylor-Johnson said in a statement announcing her involvement. “For the legions of fans, I want to say that I will honor the power of Erika’s book and the characters of Christian and Anastasia. They are under my skin too.”
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Covert Affairs': Chris Gorham on latest for Auggie
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: 'Men Tell All'
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All'