Tag: Dustin Hoffman (1-6 of 6)
• Oscar-winner Dustin Hoffman (Rain Man) and Golden Globe-winner Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire) are set to join Adam Sandler in The Cobbler. Plot details are being kept secret, but The Cobbler is the brainchild of Win Win and The Station Agent writer-director Thomas McCarthy. [The Wrap]
• Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who starred as the title character in Kick-Ass, is set to join The Avengers: Age of Ultron where he’ll play the part of Quicksilver — twin to the Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and son of Magneto. According to the report, the British actor had to figure out his publicity duties for the new Godzilla (which also stars Olsen) prior to committing to the sequel, which reunites Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jeremy Renner. The Joss Whedon-directed sequel to 2012’s hugely successful The Avengers is set to hit theaters on May 1, 2015. Taylor-Johnson also starred alongside Keira Knightley as Vronsky in Joe Wright’s Anna Karenina and is married to Sam Taylor-Johnson, who is directing Fifty Shades of Grey. [The Wrap]
No, that’s too easy. How about: “I want you to hold this trophy … between your knees.”
Jack Nicholson will serve as a presenter at the Academy Awards this Sunday, ending several years of absence for the man whose sinister grin was a front-row mainstay at the show for decades.
He’s bringing with him another Oscar veteran: Dustin Hoffman. READ FULL STORY
Following fast on the heels of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Quartet is yet another entry in the fast-expanding subgenre of Retiree Dramedy. A whole cavalcade of white-haired British greats — Maggie Smith, Billy Connolly, Tom Courtenay, and Michael Gambon — play spry elders living together in a retirement home. But this is no mere retirement home [record scratch]… it’s a retirement home for opera singers. Sundry frisky shenanigans ensue. Your mom already loves this movie. (Oh, by the way, it’s directed by some newcomer named Dustin Hoffman.) Watch the trailer below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade recap: EW's play-by-play
- 'How to Get Away with Murder’ team on the pre-reveal killer theories they liked best
- 10 Thanksgivings with 'Friends'
- 10 movies that serve up memorable Thanksgivings
- Retire? Liars! 12 musical acts who said goodbye... doesn't mean forever
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)