• Dustin Hoffman will appear in director Stephen Frears‘ Lance Armstrong biopic. The still-untitled project stars Ben Foster (Lone Survivor) as the disgraced cyclist. Breaking Bad‘s Jesse Plemons, Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids), and Lee Pace (The Hobbit) also star. The movie is currently shooting in Europe, and Hoffman is set to join when the production moves back to the U.S. The two-time Oscar winner recently wrapped work on Jon Favreau’s Chef (out May 9) with Robert Downey Jr. and is currently filming The Cobbler with Adam Sander. [THR]
READ FULL STORY
Tag: Dustin Hoffman (1-5 of 5)
• Oscar-winner Dustin Hoffman (Rain Man) and Golden Globe-winner Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire) are set to join Adam Sandler in The Cobbler. Plot details are being kept secret, but The Cobbler is the brainchild of Win Win and The Station Agent writer-director Thomas McCarthy. [The Wrap]
• Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who starred as the title character in Kick-Ass, is set to join The Avengers: Age of Ultron where he’ll play the part of Quicksilver — twin to the Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and son of Magneto. According to the report, the British actor had to figure out his publicity duties for the new Godzilla (which also stars Olsen) prior to committing to the sequel, which reunites Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jeremy Renner. The Joss Whedon-directed sequel to 2012′s hugely successful The Avengers is set to hit theaters on May 1, 2015. Taylor-Johnson also starred alongside Keira Knightley as Vronsky in Joe Wright’s Anna Karenina and is married to Sam Taylor-Johnson, who is directing Fifty Shades of Grey. [The Wrap]
No, that’s too easy. How about: “I want you to hold this trophy … between your knees.”
Jack Nicholson will serve as a presenter at the Academy Awards this Sunday, ending several years of absence for the man whose sinister grin was a front-row mainstay at the show for decades.
He’s bringing with him another Oscar veteran: Dustin Hoffman. READ FULL STORY
Following fast on the heels of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Quartet is yet another entry in the fast-expanding subgenre of Retiree Dramedy. A whole cavalcade of white-haired British greats — Maggie Smith, Billy Connolly, Tom Courtenay, and Michael Gambon — play spry elders living together in a retirement home. But this is no mere retirement home [record scratch]… it’s a retirement home for opera singers. Sundry frisky shenanigans ensue. Your mom already loves this movie. (Oh, by the way, it’s directed by some newcomer named Dustin Hoffman.) Watch the trailer below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'