The Blu-Ray and digital versions of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug have finally hit the streets, and EW has an exclusive look at one of the many behind-the-scenes clips you’ll find on the home video version of Peter Jackson’s latest epic.
Tag: DVD (1-6 of 6)
Every viewer, at one point or another, has asked the question, “What do movie stars do on set when they’re not filming?” We hear stories of pranks, or certain stars who head back to their trailer to nap. And then there’s Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson — who play Quidditch?
We have an exclusive video of Vaughn and Wilson behind the scenes of The Internship, enjoying a hot summer day with fellow cast members by playing the Harry Potter-inspired game. Surprisingly, Wilson wasn’t familiar with the game, but by the end of the day, “there was something about that game that just loved me,” Wilson explains in the video.
Watch the Quidditch match that resulted in one broken finger in our exclusive video below:
READ FULL STORY
Imagine this: You’re an odd couple of buddy cops, and it’s been a long day on the beat. So you sit down at the bar and shoot the bull….
Fans of The Heat already saw the ridiculous scene play out in the film’s theatrical release. Now, thanks to an exclusive clip from the film’s DVD/Blu-ray extras, we get to go a little deeper into the psyche of Mullins (Melissa McCarthy). Watch below as the partners cover everything from Mullins’ family life to how the phrase “Don’t let the door hit you on the a–…” isn’t just a parting zing for this rough-and-tumble gal. Also? Let’s just say Mullins misunderstood a few things about 1991 Oscar winner The Silence of the Lambs. READ FULL STORY
This fall, your TV will boldly go where no TV has gone before.
EW can exclusively reveal that J.J. Abrams’s Star Trek Into Darkness will be released on DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and On Demand on September 10, 2013. A digital download of the film will be available three weeks earlier, on August 20.
“I’m thrilled with how everything looks and sounds,” Abrams said in a statement. “We also have some really fun behind-the-scenes special features that we shot on the Red [Epic cameras] and created entirely in-house at Bad Robot. They really look amazing and unlike anything I’ve seen on DVD or Blu-ray before.”
Those special features include making-of shorts about creating the Red Planet and the Klingon home world of Kronos, as well as a sit-down with stars Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch — and a segment called “The Enemy of My Enemy,” which explores “how, and why, the identity of the film’s true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.”
Angelina Jolie on 'Maleficent,' crying her eyes out in Sarajevo, and her Oscar leg pop -- EXCLUSIVE Q&A
Angelina Jolie is getting a little horny.
Okay, okay, okay — forgive that shamelessly provocative intro. We’re just talking about preparations for Jolie’s new role as the devilish Maleficent in an upcoming Disney film. “Wait until you see the horns,” she laughs.
In a wide-ranging interview with EW, Jolie explains why a live-action film focusing on the villainous witch may be good for young viewers.
She also describes her fears (and tears) while bringing her Bosnian War movie In the Land of Blood and Honey, to the people who lived through that conflict. [The film debuts on DVD and Blu-ray tomorrow.]
And of course, she reacts to all the commotion surrounding her infamous leg pop at the Academy Awards.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: Cast's cryptic teases
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'Nothing Personal' poster art
- 'Orange' preview: Look into Uzo Aduba's Crazy Eyes
- 'Arrow': The great 'Seeing Red' weapon debate
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Stephen Colbert' celebrates himself on 'Daily Show'
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'American Idol' recap: Release the rockers
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 671
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 519
- Slaves to Love 485
- The Spy Who Shacked Me 345
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 384
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!