In an arm wrestling match, who would win: beefy Emmett Cullen (Kellen Lutz) or dainty little Bella (Kristen Stewart)? In any other movie, the answer would be obvious… but in Breaking Dawn — Part 2, Bella’s budding vampire powers make her a match for the Cullen clan’s strongest son. Even if her arms still look decidedly spindly. Check out the newborn’s feat of strength in this new clip from the film:
Tag: Edward Cullen (1-5 of 5)
Is Bella Swan an independent and sort of daring young lovesick renegade…or a doormat? A good role model…or a godawful role model? Or should she be considered a role model at all? And what of the Twilight saga itself: Is it liberating the fantasy life of a new generation of young women by inviting them to wallow in the kind of stormy-skies, trembling-damsel romanticism that has been a staple of popular fiction from Wuthering Heights onward? Or is it setting back the holy cause of women’s enlightenment by 50 years?
These and other questions were debated, with rude and furious passion, in response to my New Moon post last week. I confess, though, that amid the flurry of ardent, and at times angry, stand-taking, one particular view, repeated over and over again, caught my eye: the notion that there’s something deeply wrong with the Twilight saga because that hot-blooded, painfully chivalrous James Dean-of-the-northwest vampire Edward Cullen is nothing less than a “stalker.”
A stalker? Really? I mean, the kid is a vampire. Theoretically, stalking would be one of the nicer activities that he does. Can you imagine saying about Dracula that you had a problem with him as a character because he’s obviously guilty of sexual harassment and trespassing?
Nevertheless, the stalking argument got me to thinking: If the Twilight movies are, in fact, guilty of celebrating one amorous demon’s inexcusable behavior, perhaps they’re not the only popular romantic movies to do so. Looking back, I found any number of films in which some of the most celebrated heroes of movie history behave badly enough to risk inviting serious scrutiny, if not downright condemnation, from the love police. Here are just a dozen. Can you think of others? READ FULL STORY
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
- 'Nashville' cliffhanger: Who died?
- 'Arrow' execs talk big midseason finale twists
- 'Arrow' react: 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Tomorrow People' react: 'Death's Door'
- 'Sing-Off' judges get 'Hooked on a Feeling'!
- 'Hawaii Five-0': Tom Berenger as Danny's dad
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Nashville' midseason finale cliffhanger: Who died?
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Who was voted out? Who was eliminated?