• Director Noah Baumbach (Greenberg) knows how to pour lemon juice in the open wounds of aging Gen X-ers. Who better to cast in his film about a pair of middle-aged marrieds yearning for youth than Ad-Rock, or Adam Horovitz, of the Beastie Boys? If cast, Horovitz would play the guy who has grown up, had a kid, and basically moved on with his life, bringing Naomi Watts and Ben Stiller’s still-childless relationship into harsh perspective. Adam Driver and Amanda Seyfried star as the young free spirits who Watts and Stiller befriend. Horovitz is no stranger to acting work, and has appeared in a number of projects over the years including A Kiss Before Dying. [The Wrap]
Tag: Emmy Rossum (1-3 of 3)
Casting Net: Carey Mulligan is front-runner to play Hillary Rodham Clinton; Plus James Franco, Javier Bardem, Emmy Rossum, and more
• A handful of American actresses have been rumored to be in consideration for the role of Hillary Rodham Clinton in upcoming biopic Rodham — Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon, Amanda Seyfried, and Emma Stone, most prominently. But now a front-runner has emerged: British actress Carey Mulligan, who most recently starred as Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby. Mulligan hasn’t officially announced her candidacy for the role of the former first lady, New York senator, and secretary of state, but THR reports that the 28-year-old actress will soon meet with director James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now) about the project. Rodham will focus on the early years of Clinton’s career, including meeting future president Bill Clinton and her position as a lawyer on the committee involved in Richard Nixon’s impeachment. [THR]
Casting Net: Anna Kendrick to sing about 'The Last 5 Years.' Plus: Hugh Grant, Emmy Rossum, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
• Anna Kendrick isn’t done singing just yet. The Pitch Perfect star is attached to headline The Last 5 Years, an adaptation of the popular off-Broadway musical about the relationship between an aspiring actress and a promising author. Richard LaGravenese (P.S. I Love You) will direct from his script. [Deadline]
• Hugh Grant will star in an untitled romantic comedy about a washed-up screenwriter who takes a job teaching at a small liberal arts college, producers announced Monday. Frequent collaborator Marc Lawrence (Two Weeks Notice, Music and Lyrics) will write and direct.
• Emmy Rossum is in talks to costar with Hilary Swank in You’re Not You, an adaptation of the Michelle Wildgen novel about a self-centered college student who winds up caring for a woman with ALS (a.k.a. Lou Gehrig’s disease), played by Swank. George C. Wolfe (Nights in Rodanthe) is directing from a script by Shana Feste (Country Strong) and Jordan Roberts (3, 2, 1… Frankie Go Boom). [THR]
• Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has signed onto the indie A Thousand Times Goodnight, which follows a war photographer (Juliette Binoche) as she navigates the tension between her family and her career. Norwegian filmmaker Erik Poppe will direct from a script he wrote with Harald Rosenløw-Eeg. [Variety]
Casting Net: Nic Cage in talks to star in more mainstream ‘Left Behind’ reboot. Plus: David Oyelowo, Kara Hayward
Casting Net: Shailene Woodley in talks for YA novel adaptation ‘Divergent.’ Plus: Michael Douglas, Diane Keaton, Ewan McGregor
Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Martin Sheen pair up for Sept. 11 drama. Plus: Elizabeth Banks, Diane Kruger, Willem Dafoe
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
- 'Game of Thrones': 'answer injustice...with justice'
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Lena Dunham do?
- 'Deadbeat': Hulu intros supernatural comedy
- 'Simpsons' tribute to Marcia Wallace
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Alone'
- 'True Detective': Let's cast season 2
- 'Maron' season 2: More guests, two new photos
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'The Walking Dead' recap: All Tracks Lead to Terminus
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO