The team behind the Entourage film has decided that, rather than staging their own fake award show, it’s best just to shoot on location at a real one.
Tag: Entourage (1-9 of 9)
Tell the Ari Gold-quoting pal in your life this very important news: The Entourage movie trailer has been released. READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Russell Brand in talks for school shooting satire; Plus, Jay Baruchel boards Stephen King film, more
• Russell Brand, Sasha Pieterse (Pretty Little Liars), and Austin Abrams (The InBetweeners) are reportedly in talks to star in Vernon God Little for director Werner Herzog (The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call – New Orleans). Based on DBC Pierre’s Booker Prize-winning novel, the story is a dark, satirical portrait of a Texas town in the aftermath of a school shooting told from the point of view of its 15-year-old protagonist. [The Wrap] READ FULL STORY
EW has confirmed that Billy Bob Thornton is in talks to join Warner Bros.’ upcoming film adaption of the hit HBO series, Entourage.
The film reunites Entourage stars Adrian Grenier, Kevin Connolly, Jerry Ferrera, Kevin Dillon, and Jeremy Piven, and continues to follow the Hollywood adventures of Vinnie Chase (Grenier) and his crew.
• Sports Illustrated cover model Kate Upton is reportedly being eyed for a lead role in the Entourage movie. Adrian Grenier, Jeremy Piven, Kevin Connolly, Jerry Ferrara, and Kevin Dillon are all set to reprise the roles they originated in the HBO series. Although the 21-year-old Upton is best known for her modeling work, she has appeared in a few films, including Tower Heist and The Three Stooges. Upton recently wrapped the adultery comedy The Other Woman (out April 25, 2014) with Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann. [The Wrap]
READ FULL STORY
Just two days ago, Entourage creator Doug Ellin seemed pessimistic about the future of HBO and Warner Bros.’s Entourage movie — which was greenlit back in January, then delayed, allegedly because all its stars wanted to be paid as much as Jeremy Piven. When a fan asked Ellin via Twitter to give a hint as to when the movie was coming, Ellin replied with a wistful “if only I knew.”
What a difference 24 hours make! Last night, word broke that after months of uncertainty, the movie is finally, definitely happening. (Presumably, hugging it out played a role.)
The news was actually first announced by Jerry Ferrara, who played street smart driver Turtle on the comedy:
When Entourage aired its series finale back in September 2011 after eight seasons of cameo-happy fratboy decadence, it concluded on a dramatic note of ambiguity. Ari Gold promised his wife he would leave Hollywood behind, but in the episode’s closing moments, he was offered his dream job: Becoming CEO of Time Warner. Apparently, he took the offer. EW has confirmed the news, originally reported by Deadline, that Warner Bros. has greenlit an Entourage movie, with the show’s creator Doug Ellin writing and directing the film. Warner Bros. confirmed the Deadline report, which indicates that negotiations are currently underway with the show’s cast, who will almost certainly sign on, because filming an Entourage movie is like being paid to go to a college reunion that lasts three months, and also you went to college with supermodels. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast, Movies, at SAG Awards; see full list of honorees
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments
- 'Outlander' returns in April--but you can see comeback episode's first scene here now
- SAG Awards 2015: 10 favorite speeches
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' sneak peek: 'See you in court, kids'
- EW's SAG Awards Party 2015: What the stars wore
- 'Downton Abbey'; 'SNL'; 'Galavant'; 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' recaps