Things are looking up for Lloyd and Harry. EW has confirmed that Universal Pictures picked up the North American distribution rights for Dumb and Dumber To, the in-development sequel to the hit 1994 Jim Carrey/Jeff Daniels comedy Dumb and Dumber. Deadline first reported the news.
READ FULL STORY
Tag: Farrelly Brothers (1-3 of 3)
The sequel to Dumb and Dumber has hit a road block. The in-development follow-up to the hit 1994 comedy was in the works at New Line Cinema, but New Line’s parent company, Warner Bros., has dropped the project, EW confirmed Tuesday. THR first reported the news.
Bobby and Peter Farrelly — the writer-director brothers who created the original — are now searching for a new financier and distributor for Dumb and Dumber To (yes, that’s the title). Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are expected to return as short-on-smarts pair Lloyd and Harry. In the sequel, the two friends will go on a road trip to find Harry’s illegitimate daughter for a kidney transplant. READ FULL STORY
Peter Farrelly and producers Charles Wessler and John Penotti talk 'Movie 43' -- plus, the latest on the 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel
It’s being billed as “The Biggest Cast Ever Assembled For the Most Outrageous Comedy Ever Made.” Yes, those are seriously big words. But the fact is, it’s hard to think of any comedy that’s paired A-list star power with R-rated raunch and wrongness to quite the same degree as Movie 43, opening Friday—and if that sounds like hype, check out this NSFW red-band trailer. The cast of the film—which is made up of a series of interrelated shorts shot by 12 different directors, spearheaded by Peter Farrelly — reads like a who’s who of actors you’d never expect to see in a demented, envelope-pushing Kentucky Fried Movie-style comedy (Kate Winslet, Naomi Watts, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Gerard Butler, Richard Gere, Uma Thurman, Terrence Howard, Dennis Quaid), along with some people who make at least a bit more sense (Emma Stone, Elizabeth Banks, Anna Faris, Justin Long, Johnny Knoxville).
For nearly four years, this oddball project has been shrouded in secrecy—so much so that even some of the actors involved may not be totally clear on what exactly it is. “We did it, and then cut to a year or something later they’re like, ‘Hey there’s a movie coming out,’ ” Schreiber told EW recently. “I’m like, ‘Uh-oh.’ But you know, you do these things. We’ll see. It was a goof.”
So what exactly is Movie 43? We got producer and director Peter Farrelly and producers Charles Wessler and John Penotti on the phone to explain. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Voice': Shakira Jones and the Architect of Destiny
- 'Believe': First impressions?
- Patrick Duffy on 'sex-starved' Bobby in 'Dallas'
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'The Bachelor' season finale recap: Bait and Ditch
- Andi Dorfman is the new 'Bachelorette'
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…