Tag: Fast and Furious 7 (1-6 of 6)
Kurt Russell has played his share of tough guys and gear-heads — in movies like Death Proof and the recent festival indie The Art of the Steal — so he was always a logical target for the ever-expanding Fast and Furious franchise. Last September, Vin Diesel broke the news that Russell was on board for Fast and Furious 7, and Paul Walker later told MTV News that Russell would play a “father-figure” type to his character, Brian O’Conner, and Diesel’s Dom Toretto.
Of course, Walker’s tragic and untimely death, from a high-speed car accident, was a giant blow to those who knew him, including Russell. “That was a terrific guy,” says Russell. “I just met him on the [movie] and I was just very struck by how similar our lives are and how we looked at life. All the things he did outside of acting that he really enjoyed were similar to the things that I like to do. He was a hell of a good guy.”
Universal suspended production and is currently reconsidering ways to complete the movie for its April 2015 release date. “I’m waiting to hear what we’re going to do and how that’s going to go forward,” says Russell, who soon heads to the Sundance Film Festival, where his extended family has several projects being showcased. “At the time, we were talking about [my character] possibly going into a future episode as a sort of father-figure to Vin and Paul’s character — or possibly die in Fast and Furious 7. The character was created to go either way, and it will be interesting to see what they do now, if there’s any change in that. I don’t know if there will be. But obviously, they’re working hard on doing what they have to do to try to make that thing work. I think they’re going to gear up again in February or March, so we’ll see.”
Fast & Furious 7 has secured a new release date: April 10, 2015. Franchise star Vin Diesel posted the news on his Facebook page Sunday night, accompanied by a photo of himself with the late Paul Walker.
Diesel explained the photo on his page: “The last scene we filmed together…There was a unique sense of completion, of pride we shared… in the film we were now completing… the magic captured… and, in just how far we’ve come…Fast and Furious 7 will be released…April 10th 2015!”
He added: “P.s. He’d want you to know first…”
Note to ghoulish would-be criminals: don’t post evidence of your crime and a confession to Instagram.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of stealing wreckage from the Porsche Carrera GT crash that killed Fast & Furious star Paul Walker last Saturday, and another suspect is being sought by the authorities.
The remains of the sports car were loaded onto the truck and hauled away around 10 p.m. that night, nearly seven hours after the fiery crash that took the lives of Walker, 40, and friend Roger Rodas, 38. The remains of the car were being taken to an impound lot for further investigation, but the driver reported being stalked by several vehicles as he left the scene, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
The thieves waited until the truck came to a red light. Then they struck.
• Hollywood veteran Kurt Russell is in talks to join the seventh installment of the Fast & Furious franchise in an undisclosed part for director James Wan (The Conjuring). We kind of hope he’ll just be playing Snake Plissken. The famously private actor has been somewhat absent from movies recently. 2007′s Death Proof was his last high-profile role. Russell has a few more projects in the works including the Jay Baruchel-starring comedy The Art of the Steal, and Bone Tomahawk, a Western with Peter Sarsgaard and Jennifer Carpenter. [Variety]
• Ong-bak star and martial arts expert Tony Jaa is in talks to make his English-language and studio film debut in James Wan’s Fast and Furious 7. He’ll be joining the large returning ensemble that includes Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Tyrese, and Paul Walker. Chris Morgan, who penned the first, fifth, and sixth movies, is currently working on the script, but there’s no word on the character Jaa will be portraying. This seventh installment of the franchise is being fast-tracked for a July 11, 2014 release. [THR]
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
- 'Scandal': Is Rowan or Cyrus the biggest creep?
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Petals on the Wind': First Look trailer
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- Johnny Depp: 20 hair dos and don'ts
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…