• Academy Award nominee Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty) is nearing a deal to play Marilyn Monroe in the upcoming film Blonde. Helmed by Killing Them Softly director Andrew Dominik and produced by Brad Pitt‘s Plan B, Blonde is based on the novel by Joyce Carol Oates which reimagines the life of Norma Jeane Baker, the woman who would later go on to become Marilyn Monroe. When EW reached out for comment, Chastian’s agent would not confirm her involvement in the upcoming film. [The Wrap] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Felicia Day (1-2 of 2)
Joss Whedon's 2013 to-do list: 'The Avengers 2,' 'Much Ado About Nothing,' and maybe more 'Dr. Horrible'
Will 2013 finally be the year that Joss Whedon’s legion of fans get to sing along with the long-awaited sequel to his 2008 Internet sensation Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog starring Neil Patrick Harris, Felicia Day and Nathan Fillion? The geek pop polymath who gave us Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Firefly, and a surprisingly successful indie about a band of superheroes no one had ever heard of called The Avengers made no promises when Entertainment Weekly caught up with him late last year, but he did say that putting a crooning Doogie back in a lab coat is on his “to do” list. “We really want to shoot it next year. We feel strong about the idea and we have a bunch of stuff written,” said Whedon, who is currently directing the pilot episode of Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. series while also writing the script for the sequel to The Avengers, plus prepping the release plan for his film adaptation of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, due in theaters this summer. In between: The occasional napping.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Frances McDormand wins Female Actor, TV Movie/Miniseries, at SAG Awards (click in and refresh all night for updated list)
- SAG Awards 2015 viewing party: Watch with us as we blog the memorable moments
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals
- EW's SAG Awards Party 2015: What the stars wore
- SAG Awards 2015: Mingling inside EW's party
- 'American Sniper' keeps box office crown: $64.4M
- 'SNL' recap: Blake brings a country twang, but too often the sketches go south
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests